Walleye and bacon wrap

73Z L92

Veteran Member
Jan 25, 2011
Carlos, MN
So we are just back from "up north" in MN. Rainy lake area. My sister and husband have place on the lake and are the fisher people of the family. So we went out to catch small walleyes on purpose. After a short while we had a dozen or so. Got back to the house and filleted and cut them up into strips. Then rolled the strips up and wrapped them with bacon. Then on the grill with a some what spicy bbq sauce. That was tasty.

carhead22000

oldblue
Sep 5, 2011
canada
sounds good...anything with bacon. Wonder what bacon wrapped bacon would be like.o_O i like wrapping anything in bacon.try your next hot dogs even.

Da-bigguy

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jan 19, 2010
Cypress, TX
sounds good...anything with bacon. Wonder what bacon wrapped bacon would be like.o_O i like wrapping anything in bacon.try your next hot dogs even.
I've seen bacon flavoured soda and bacon flavoured ice cream sold at a few funky shops around here. Haven't had the courage to try them yet though! I do love bacon for sure but that is just a little bit too odd for me.

dcozzi

Veteran Member
May 1, 2002
Phoenix, AZ
A lot of stuff that gets bacon randomly added tastes like crap. Bacon chocolate, bacon cocoa, etc..
I have had bacon soda and it tasted like crap. May be good to others though. That's the glory of trying new foods. There is something for every ones tastes.

Bandit723

Veteran Member
Oct 1, 2016
Waupaca WI
So we are just back from "up north" in MN. Rainy lake area. My sister and husband have place on the lake and are the fisher people of the family. So we went out to catch small walleyes on purpose. After a short while we had a dozen or so. Got back to the house and filleted and cut them up into strips. Then rolled the strips up and wrapped them with bacon. Then on the grill with a some what spicy bbq sauce. That was tasty.
Pic is required

Latest posts