Want to replace my stock 73 buckets, what's my option?

Discussion in 'Interior Restoration' started by Lynd McCormick, Apr 29, 2018.

1. Lynd McCormick

Lynd McCormick Member

My 73 seats are in great shape, but they lean back way too far. I've had the tracks out and they are good and straight. I've checked the spool pieces that clamp the seat back in place, they were a little tweaked but now straight. There's no play in the brackets, I've gotta think that the seat back frame may be bent up above the bracket. Both seats have the same lean.

What do you suggest as a replacement from a newer generation? I don't have a welder but I can do some minor fab work. I need something that would fit the stock tracks or have the ability for me to adapt the new seats tracks. I need to be able to get my seat back much closer to ninety degrees.

Any Suggestions?

2. Zstar

Zstar Veteran Member

I had your exact problem. A member posted his pics of his 2016 nissan 370z seats. I was hooked. Searched 6 months and finally found a set of 2017 370z seats out of a totaled car with 4k miles in Massacheusets at LKQ. Bought them for $150 each and had them shipped to Fl. Just had them recovered and harvested the airbags and passenger sensor. Hopefully I can sell them. Good luck.

3. Zstar

Zstar Veteran Member

^Since we can't edit anymore, ps, I had a friend fab up some mounts
    that came out great.

4. bodymanbill

bodymanbill Veteran Member

Lynd if u need something welded for your seats let me know I'll help ya out .

Lynd McCormick likes this.
  5. Lynd McCormick

Lynd McCormick Member

Bill, I have a shot at a nice set of leather seats but they’re set up for an AMX. They’re Azian seats who are out of business. I can’t get bases for them. I’ll hace to see what his final price is and maybe you could help me with adapting them. BTW, are you going to the new cruise on Tuesday at Crossroads church by mineral beach?

6. bodymanbill

Yep I'll go up and check it out, I mostly go to Peters Creek church cruise, probably should be mostly the same crowd. Hopefully my car will be ready in a couple months. I'll help ya get them figured out no problem.

7. Lynd McCormick

Lynd McCormick Member

I’m betting it’s the same crowd..... and no bikers. I’ll be there Tuesday, look me up in my yellow Z if you make it.

bodymanbill likes this.
  8. Lynd McCormick

Lynd McCormick Member

If you were a Peters Creek cruise guy, maybe you knew my cars’ former owner Sam K? Apparently there are a group of guys around that know this car and they hung out at Tbe Peters Creek Cruise. I’m anxious to learn what I can about the car.

9. bodymanbill

I don't think i ever seen it there before, only a couple 2 nd gens that go there regularly

10. Lynd McCormick

Lynd McCormick Member

I don’t think his buddies had second gens, just a group of friends with cars. I know that he was there at the end of the season last year because that’s where I saw the car the first time. The parked all together in the first row.