Wanted to buy 70 / 71 Camaro Dlx Door Panels

Discussion in 'Swap Meet Section' started by Cam70SS, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Cam70SS

Cam70SS Veteran Member

Just missed the lottery on a nice set here @ Nasty Z 28 it was pretty crushing thought I had a shot but didn't go my way so still need a set of 70 Deluxe Door Panels any help is greatly appreciated. Thanx

2. BDCamaro

BDCamaro Member Lifetime Gold Member

Good afternoon Lewis,
    Are you looking for a restored set or a set to send out for restoration? I was going to send mine to get restored and then I located a set for my car that were in vgc to ex condition a year or so ago. I just never installed them.The ones I have on the car are black, they are rough but the company just has a fixed price for restoration.
    Pm me with an email or phone number if interested and I could send you pictures
    Dave

3. Cam70SS

Cam70SS Veteran Member

Hi Dave really good to hear from you, yea I would be interested in seeing the panels you can sell I just missed the set that were for sale on Nasty Z28 the seller wouldn't talk to me and all of a sudden they were gone and I know how scarce they are getting, did talk to just dashes and like you said it's a set price ends up around 2 K with shipping if you if you don't need a color change and blacks what we need. Here's my number 352 427 7498 Thanx Lewis

4. dave@ztech

dave@ztech Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Hey Lewis, did your car originally come with the delux interior? Or is it just the way they look that you are after, I really like the look of them, however, after adding up all the parts, regulators, door openers, and then the resto for them, I went a different direction , 78 door panels on my 71 , after seeing the look on another members car, liked the clean look , and you can use several different door pulls , 78 or 71 modified like Chuck71RS did , I am going with 67 Camaro, door pulls , anyways, it gave me something I liked for a lot less then $3000 or more, for the delux, that I would be scared to damage, HAA HA , just curious.
    Thanks

5. Cam70SS

Cam70SS Veteran Member

Hi Dave...good to here from you, yea my car came with the deluxe has the longer regulator shaft, my plan is to make the car original as possible just new non OEM engine just like clean original look and feel but 1000. 00 for panels and 2000.00 for resto is crazy and your right they need to be in a museum, been contemplating the power window conversion then I could use the standards and I really like the looks of them but end up with 2 different interiors which would look good just deviates from original plan so it's causing lots of head problems . Hey my number is above would like to see what you did. Thanx

6. dave@ztech

dave@ztech Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

hi Lewis, so I guess you mean your car have the delux seat covers, really like that style, really like the 70 seats, should have never sold the set that I had found, anyway and I guess the wood grain gauge bezel and the chrome highlighted under dash parts, the part, name escapes me , the part that have the vents ,ashtray and radio in it, HAA HA , I really don't think it would detract , looking for a couple of pictures , that inspired me to do this change, the pictures show a beauty white setup with nice contrast , I am going with black and black and chrome door pulls and door handle, just a sec. HAA HA ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,found them , so here you go 78 door panel on 71 white and black.jpeg 78 door panel on 71 white and black2.jpeg

7. Cam70SS

Cam70SS Veteran Member

Hey...I do have the rosewood horn cover with SS emblem and rose dash bezel and black w/chrome handle bezels but actually just as happy with all black and chrome trim, thanx for the pics I see what U mean those panels look nice and clean. Looked at Camaro Central they have the electric window conversion with window crank switch for about 600.00 and also a complete std panel with all hardware under 600.00, if I can't come up with more reasonable
    Way on dlx might be leaning that way.

8. joselk1

joselk1 Veteran Member

Sold mine to first person who contacted me....

9. Cam70SS

Cam70SS Veteran Member

Hi joselk 1...no problem you did the right thing the first person to ask should have them other than that hole in their wallet they must be very happy. Thanx Lewis

10. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

They are so expensive that I fixed mine up the best I could and put the cracked vinyl back in the car.
    I feel your pain. $1500-$2000 to restore them is a bit much.