Weed eaters...

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Buickfunnycar, May 14, 2018.

1. GoldenOne7710

GoldenOne7710 Equal Opportunity Offender Lifetime Gold Member

Never had a single issue with my Echo trimmer in the 4 years I've owned it. Starts within 3 or less pulls...even after it sits for 3-4 months over the Winter.

2. FreedomPenguin

FreedomPenguin Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I have Ryobi 18v tool line, edger, brushless weedeater etc. works flawless. Cuts better than my Husqvarna did. Can’t see myself using any gas tools adding other than my riding mower

Knuckle Dragger likes this.
  3. ssupercoolss

ssupercoolss Veteran Member

I tend to run things over with my truck when im done with them. Make sure its good and broke so i dont go messin’ with it in a week or so thinking i should try again to fix it. My craftsman hand blower and a caulk gun were 2 recent reciepients of the “flatten me” treatment. 2 things i have owned for a while that i dont think will ever see this fate are my husquvarna chain saw, and stihl weed eater.

4. 80sz

80sz Veteran Member

My Home Depot special ryobi is okay. It will burn gas from previous season and takes a few pulls but always starts. Buddy has a landscape buisness and he's used them all,he buys stihl . Last the longest and run the best. String with a wire core also makes a huge difference,I can cut down a small tree with it if needed. I like being trimmer guy ,less walking :)

5. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

Didn't read all the posts, watched the video, hard to see with all the jerking of the camera. But I think you have to give it some gas (throttle) when starting?

John w/2 Z's likes this.
  6. John w/2 Z's

John w/2 Z's Veteran Member

That is exactly what I thought.

7. BLUE72CAMARO

BLUE72CAMARO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I fired my weed eater up for the first time late last week my stihl fs90 popped on first pull on choke and died quickly (normal) took off the choke and pulled again and away we went, not bad considering it hadn't been started in 6 months. It is amazing how easy the 4 mix motors on my trimmer and pole saw start compared to an old two stroke weed eater I have with a brush head on it.