Welding Sheet Metal Help

firefighter_11

Veteran Member
Mar 12, 2018
NC
Maybe I don't understand...why would I blast and patch the rusty one? That has rust pits all over. When I have this one I can patch?
Why would you fix either of them when you could just buy another from classic industries. Maybe i don’t understand… you would have a good amount of money in the non rusty one after all is said and done to make it look like its never been patched. :confused:

budro6968

Veteran Member
Apr 2, 2016
Jax Florida
I might get a plastic 55 gal drum and try electrolysis on that rusty one. Those tabs are easy to fix. One hole on the edge of the lip? IDK just seems a shame to hack it when you could make it work. Most of the part is unseen when installed.

badazz81z28

Veteran Member
May 4, 2001
Alabama
Why would you fix either of them when you could just buy another from classic industries. Maybe i don’t understand… you would have a good amount of money in the non rusty one after all is said and done to make it look like its never been patched. :confused:

I guess you missed the boat, first of all, the reproduction inner fenders fit like crap. Secondly, this fender is a one year only, and only the first half of the production year piece. Very rare and valuable.

badazz81z28

Veteran Member
May 4, 2001
Alabama
One hole? Oh no . Most of the inner fender is all pitted.

I might get a plastic 55 gal drum and try electrolysis on that rusty one. Those tabs are easy to fix. One hole on the edge of the lip? IDK just seems a shame to hack it when you could make it work. Most of the part is unseen when installed.

Attachments

• A77BD93C-5288-4FF8-B839-CE244C462F10.jpeg
    A77BD93C-5288-4FF8-B839-CE244C462F10.jpeg
    51 KB · Views: 40

VandykeT/A

Veteran Member
Feb 11, 2012
Hurley, VA
If you gently media blasted it and used a high build surfacer (etch or epoxy underneath) I’m going to say those pits would be gone if not close to it without a filler. They are a difference in high build primers though. I’ve sprayed transstar and Nason. The nason builds tons better.