Welding Sheet Metal Help

firefighter_11

Veteran Member
Mar 12, 2018
NC
All aftermarket metal panels both inner and outer fit like crap including upper and lower dashes and end air vent pieces.
I would fix the originals any day before buying sh!t.
I was lucky when my car was done in 1985. All panels were still available at your local Chevy Parts Dept. Whoever thinks aftermarket is great, just has no clue.
I was very lucky as well, we needed all new sheet metal and we found a complete front clip of a 1970 in a junkyard back in the late 90’s. All
original and rust free. Sure saved us from using reproduction body panels on the front end.

firefighter_11

Veteran Member
Mar 12, 2018
NC
Because instead of adding value to the post, you decided to criticize why someone wouldn’t just buy a repop. If I wanted a repop, I would have done that. Years of experience and research drove me to want to fix this 70 only inner fender.
I wasn’t criticizing you at all, it was merely a question and you could have just said the repo doesn’t fit well and moved on, but you chose to be a jerk.

badazz81z28

Veteran Member
May 4, 2001
Alabama
I wasn’t criticizing you at all, it was merely a question and you could have just said the repo doesn’t fit well and moved on, but you chose to be a jerk.

I think it really comes down to perspective. Having been on this site for as long as I have, having numerous threads on inner fenders and repop parts, it’s out of left field for someone to question an action. In my mind, it comes off as ignorance. It’s not meant to be a jerk, it’s more of my annoyance as I see it all the time on FB. The good out of all of this, you now know about the elusive 70 only inner fender.

firefighter_11

Veteran Member
Mar 12, 2018
NC
I think it really comes down to perspective. Having been on this site for as long as I have, having numerous threads on inner fenders and repop parts, it’s out of left field for someone to question an action. In my mind, it comes off as ignorance. It’s not meant to be a jerk, it’s more of my annoyance as I see it all the time on FB. The good out of all of this, you now know about the elusive 70 only inner fender.
Sure i guess it is all perspective, in my mind its ignorant to worry about an originally correct body panel on a car that has been mini tubbed and the drivetrain isn’t even correct for the year. I don’t have the time to search through all of your threads on inner fenders or repo parts. In fact i don’t think i’ve ever come across any of them before.
Calling someone ignorant is what makes you an jerk.. thinking down on someone for asking a question is your problem.

badazz81z28

Veteran Member
May 4, 2001
Alabama
I agree there is a very unique aspect to my car. Granted it highly modified, I highly value the originality of the sheet metal and 70 only things. Even though there is no immediate sell of the car in the future, it will hold a tremendous value by having all these unique 1970 only parts. This inner fender, in perfect shape...I bet would sell for a grand alone if not more to the right person. I wouldn't hold any grudge to any post here. You can't get true context by words alone.

Sure i guess it is all perspective, in my mind its ignorant to worry about an originally correct body panel on a car that has been mini tubbed and the drivetrain isn’t even correct for the year. I don’t have the time to search through all of your threads on inner fenders or repo parts. In fact i don’t think i’ve ever come across any of them before.
Calling someone ignorant is what makes you an jerk.. thinking down on someone for asking a question is your problem.

badazz81z28

Veteran Member
May 4, 2001
Alabama
Look at this car....$80K,

Has the wrong trunk filler panel, wrong driver inner fender, replacement pass fender, aftermarket driver fender etc and is an early build L78! Its gonna take some hits in value from a true collector because its missing parts that are impossible to find.

1970 Chevrolet Camaro RS/SS L-78 | eBay

hubedobeedo

3rd times a charm
Jul 18, 2013
Huntertown,IN
lol..yeah, but all the parts are there! Even the rear view mirror!
did you personally go look at either one? according to the pic of your wheelhouse (driver side) the first one off ebay looks like the same as yours? the second one has only pics of the exterior. kinda hard to make strong assessment of correctness of whole vehicle. just saying

Latest posts