we're a long way from home

Discussion in 'Nebraska Camaro Club' started by HEAVYchev, Apr 23, 2005.

1. HEAVYchev

HEAVYchev Veteran Member

Hey all.

Just figured I'd jump in this board and say hi. Looked like it needed a little activity.

My wife and I are both from SE Nebraska. She's from Beatrice, I from Wymore. Still go up there every couple years to visit her family in Beatrice and Lincoln.

We now live just S. of Houston TX.
    I've always said that Nebraska is beautiful country, but we all gotta go to where the money is... right??

It would SUCK to have to tow to Scribner whenever you wanted to race. We have 1 track 10 minutes from the house and 3 others all about an hour away.
    Not Bragging.. Just telling ya'll a little about the whats and wheres of where we live.

Anyhow, I'll check in on this board once in a while to keep abreast. I mostly hang out on the Hi_performance and Competition boards.

2. 80'427

80'427 Veteran Member

I live in fairbury so I know your old stomping ground. I had a chance to move to TX but still have the farming bug. It does suck to tow that far but you do what you have too. I am building a nearly strip only car and I live 3 hours from the track.

3. Travisty

Travisty Veteran Member

Yeah, I'm in Omaha and Scrbner being 45 minutes away is kind of a drawback. We do have MAM a little closer but it's only an 1/8 mile track. There's been some talk of someone building a track near Lincoln. That would be pretty cool! But, I'm not holding my breath.

4. HEAVYchev

HEAVYchev Veteran Member

what's wrong with 1/8th???

Most races are won or lost in the first 60'.

The nice thing about 1/8th is that you're just winding your engine out, then getting out of it. It's the top end of the 1/4 that breaks poo. When you wind it out and are holding it there...

Not to mention you don't need to speed as much on safety equipment for 1/8 mile speeds vs. 1/4 mile.

Anyways, just my opinion..

Three of our tracks are 1/8th: Angleton, Sealy and Houston Motorsports. With Houston Raceway of course being 1/4 mile.

My brother-in-law runs a IMCA @ Beatrice and sometimes Eagle, have been trying to talk him into giving that sh*t up so he doesn't have to spend all week working on something just to tear it up on the weekend and start the cycle over again.
    At least drag racing, as long as you don't do anything stupid, the maintenance is minor.

5. Travisty

Travisty Veteran Member

Nothing wrong with the 1/8 strips. I just think it's boring to watch. [​IMG]

6. 1972bbrs

1972bbrs Member

I am only 20 miles(give or take) from the scribner drag strip, hope to make it there this year.