What about Bazooka bass tubes make them not so good?

Discussion in 'Car Audio, Electronics & Security' started by sunkenloot, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Coadster32

Coadster32 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I had a couple back in my day in the trunk. I thought they sounded good.

2. RJ45

RJ45 Veteran Member

I had one back in the early 90's in my 1990 GT Mustang. I liked it a lot. Very good bass for hard rock.

3. AJ_72

AJ_72 Veteran Member

I have a 10" (no amp) that I've had for years. I took the woofer out and put it in a box and let my buddy hook it up. He got the wires on the voice coils crossed and that lasted about 20 seconds.

Since then I replaced with woofer with one of their older subs, SVC models. It still hits hard as hell. Right now it's in my friend's bar with an old Alpine 3527V being powered by a 15 amp power supply, running the tube and a pair of bookshelf speakers. It's loud enough to piss of the neighbors on a late Saturday night. :D

4. XxWickedz28xX

XxWickedz28xX Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I have a self powered 10" bazooka in my daily driver. It works great for what it is...cheap and easy.

5. hhott71

hhott71 R.I.P 11/19/18 Lifetime Gold Member

I was a Bazooka dealer, and sold Pyle when they were a better brand than today, but the Bazookas stayed good and improved their line up.
    The amps are weak if you want break windows with urban rap etc.
    If you are boosting a factory system (newer vehicle) the extra deep bass extension is noticeable.
    The 8" and 10" powered, a pair of them corner loaded in a Camaro sound quite good, or can be felt. You do notice them.
    Just one powered 6" bazooka, corner loaded, behind the seat of a reg cab PU made a HUGE difference.

If you attach bass blockers to the 6x9's and the front speakers, then adjust the crossover to the same level on the powered Bazooka you get the best sound and volume.

Using your amp on a Bazooka, works as well as any other sub up to its power limit. just make sure they are loaded into a corner.

I may have a Bazooka or two left in old inventory I'd sell for less than new internet (ebay, Amazon) prices.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  6. 75Camaro4x4

75Camaro4x4 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I have had a few road master tubes in the past given to me. 10/10 would not recomend those.

An option a friend of mine uses, is the NVX QuickBass system, and he has connectors from tractor supply to make the amp easily removeable. The connectors would be a good idea on any amp that is removed often.

7. sunkenloot

sunkenloot Veteran Member Gold Member

I ended up getting a Kicker hideaway. I mounted it on the back of the seat in the trunk. Sounds real nice at normal volume but, once everything gets loud I cant hear it anymore. Here is how I solved the rest of my problem. I know this isnt a standard solution but, Im very happy with it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]