What are these trucks worth...?

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Buickfunnycar, Jun 3, 2014.

1. hhott71

hhott71 R.I.P 11/19/18 Lifetime Gold Member

I'd give ya $300 for it. I'd grin all the way home.
    They sell from $1500 to $15,000 for a really nice one.

2. warped

warped Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sitting in my command bunker waiting for the zombi
    Not sure what it might be worth in Cali, but probably a good amount. If you do get a chance to look over it closer, look for rust in the cab corners, cab mounts and toe boards. If the battery has leaked, you will need to replace the passenger inner fender and likely the radiator support. If it has been in Cali all of its life, you might get lucky and not have any serious rust issues. Good luck.

3. Twisted_Metal

Twisted_Metal Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Even trade for a 69 Z.

It's more usefull than a sports car.
    ;)

4. Alex71RS

Alex71RS Veteran Member

The '67-'72 Chevy trucks are super hot right now, and they're bringing the money. Of the 6 year span that they built that body style, here's the pecking order in value and desirability for the short bed fleetsides:
    1968: (the one everybody seems to want. Killer front grill and sloped hood)
    1967: (the '67-only small back window isn't as desirable)
    1971/1972: (brings bigger money if it has the Cheyenne Super option)
    1969/1970: (not everybody likes the front grill, no fancy options were available)

If the truck has a V-8, A/C, power steering, and power brakes, that will add value. I can't view your pictures here at work, but if it has rust in the roof channel, look for rust in the lower front fenders and check the rockers. This body style is notorious for rotting out the inner and outer rockers. See if the suspension has been altered. The 5-lug bolt pattern came along in '71, so the '69 you're looking at should be a 6-lug. If it's been converted to 5-lug, that's actually a good thing, especially when it comes to deciding on what wheels to go with. There are a lot more wheels to choose from in 5-lug, as you already know.

Out here in Southern California, the shortbed fleets sell for double of what a longbed goes for. Nobody wants a stepside, you can't give those things away. The short/fleet is the one to have.

A driver quality short/fleet needing paint and some cosmetics usually starts at $5,000. That's always negotiable though, because that's the asking price, and cash talks. A high quality one in extremely nice shape usually starts in the low to mid-20s and goes upward, depending on the condition.

5. gordonquixote

gordonquixote Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Im thinking $5k to $7,500 (or less over there). Here in the south they are usually rusted beaters but out west, you guys don't have the climate issues that make them scarce here or elsewhere.

I would think $4k would be a good starting point since it has some rust and isn't fleetside.

6. Leonards78LT

Leonards78LT Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Holy cow, that is nice.

7. Buickfunnycar

Buickfunnycar Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Thanks Alex, it's certainly a V8, I've heard it run and just by peeking in, I could see it's an auto trans on the column...thanks for the value pecking order, pretty sure those are 5-lug slot mags that are on it, I will look again tomorrow. :)

8. Goodwrench1965

Goodwrench1965 Veteran Member

Fleet over step side?! I always thought every hot rod truck wanted a stepside. The fleetside is what the darn worktruck fleet got. Everybody has one. I was going to make sure it was not the 6 lug or 3/4 ton chassis too. I hate orange so that kills it for me. Hopefully the interior and or door jams and underhood are not orange. I had a 69 with a fleetside bed and 4 in the floor years back and I remember I had a hard time getting rid of that truck. Like everybody says the quality of every thing like body, interior , engine, trans rear AC ect all factor in alot I'd agree 5 to 6 grand looking at it.

9. BLUE72CAMARO

BLUE72CAMARO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I know fleet side short beds are by far the most desired in my area.

10. Earlsfat

Earlsfat Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Wish it was closer to me. I'd pick that up in a heartbeat... if the price was reasonable.