What are you guys using for seats??

Discussion in 'Interior Restoration' started by branbell, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Rickyb1968

Rickyb1968 Veteran Member

Ok same here aggcamaro74. When I look at this site on my iPhone I get some crazy popup saying I won a gift from Amazon and I get it all the time. It must be my work firewall.

J. Chris Davis those seats do look nice in your car. So they are a direct fit from Summit? I have a 1971 so they will need a different track but I like the seat.

2. J. Chris Davis

J. Chris Davis Veteran Member

I didn't have any issues installing everything. I'm 6'1" so I thought the seats sat high at first, but the driver seat has broken in a little bit and I'm used to how they both look now. I may have cut the bottom mount tab off of the sliders since I had mounted them down as low as they would go. I think some of the tab was hitting the floor and had to be trimmed. I don't remember exactly off hand. It as no big deal to trim them down. If you require a different track for your year. Summit might be able to help with that in their tech department. I'm not sure if there is a different kit for the different year changes in the floor pans.

3. Rickyb1968

Thanks Chris for the reply and I am 6'2" so that is good to know they are comfortable for a tall person. Really don't see any reason to not get these seats. I like the price and they are already leather. If I purchase the 300zx seats I am going to have them reupholstered and that will run into a grand before it's all said and done. Am I missing anything else. Seems like a no brainer to me but again your saying the seats are very comfortable and fit like a glove.
    We are talking about the ProCar 80-1000-51LS seats correct?

Rick

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  4. J. Chris Davis

The ones I have are the faux leather or vinyl. I think you can get them in leather though.

5. WASyL

WASyL LS1 Bandit

i went with power and heated Lexus IS200 '00 seats. Had to modify floor pan. Doing full body rstoration so it did not cost me much.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

best regards

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
  6. J. Chris Davis

Very nice!

7. Green hornet

Green hornet Veteran Member

I installed 5th gen Camaro seats and a 5th gen console. I had to make brackets for them to fit. They both are 6 way power.

image.jpeg

Bob Lane and Rickyb1968 like this.
  8. Rickyb1968

Does anybody know if you can take the powered 300z drivers seat and convert it to manual. I can get a set of 300z seats locally with the drivers side electric and passenger manual. Thinking I can buy a manual track cheaper than having a manual seat shipped in.

9. Green hornet

Green hornet Veteran Member

When looking at the 300zx seats I had the same issue you are describing. I couldn't figure out a solution. I tried putting pass side track on or moding the power tracks with no luck. Every set of seats I looked at were drivers power. If you do it find a non power seat. I finally scraped the idea and seats I had and went with the 5th gen seats. They were more work but I'm happier with them.

10. Rickyb1968

greenhornet
    Do you think if I got a drivers side manual track I could switch it over from the electric seat? Or do I need to get manual driver seat to start with. I don’t have the seats in front of me to look at. Thanks Ricky