What do you guys check? And how often ?

72BIGBLOCK

Veteran Member
Feb 2, 2008
SF
How often do you guys check your car?
Also what do you guys check for ?

For example let’s say your going to a car show or even just a drive that’s 50-75 miles one way would you check the car before and what would you check versus a 10-15 mile drive ?

Feel free to list

I usually check under the car before a long drive but I wonder if I’m missing anything

Thanks

Cardinal

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jun 22, 2003
Endicott, NY
Oil level. Radiator puke tank level. Tire pressures and tire wear. Automatic transmission level. Brake fluid level. Retorque lug nuts. Washer fluid level. Clean windows inside and out. Windshield wipers. All lights working.

DrPepper

Veteran Member
Aug 29, 2017
Central VA
Yep, that's pretty much what I do as well. I store my car on a 4 post lift, so I frequently look at all the nuts and bolts to be sure nothing has fallen off.
But then again, that's pretty much what I do on my daily driver before a trip.

muscl car

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jul 8, 2001
Gallatin Tennessee
Check fluids and air pressure , And look over of the Camaro for leaks or anything that doesn't look right . Also since I have to use the Transbrake to activate reverse I make sure that functions as well

tom3

Veteran Member
Aug 1, 1999
ohio
I usually look at the floor underneath the car, quick look at the tires for pressure. Head out.

Zspoiler

Veteran Member
May 6, 2012
Federal Way, Washington
Being a military veteran and depending on how often you drive your car ..You check certain things before you go out then some things weekly .And then monthly .They called it PM Preventive maintenance .

G72Zed

Veteran Member
Sep 8, 2015
Canada
Always a walk around and visual check on tires, weather it's a quick run into town or 100-350 mile cruise day with the wife. The gauges tells me what I need to know.

Tracking/Autocross. On the hoist prior to event, full visual undercar, check nut/bolt markings, check lash & oil/belts, shock adjustment settings, tq lug nuts. Basic once over before I beat the crap out of it LOL.