What happened to Nasty z ??

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by muscl car, Nov 28, 2015.

1. 80sz

80sz Veteran Member

I know,wowie,site is really cool,like a open text to all my camaro homies,and it's totally free,NASTY Z28:bowtie: !

2. 76_TypeLT

76_TypeLT Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I think a better alternative would be to mix in ads among the posts. That would seem to get more visibility than side-bar ads that aren't even visible most of the time.

So I guess the lesson here is we should all run ad blocking software. That will help the site a lot :rolleyes:

3. 77camarottop

77camarottop Veteran Member

with adblock no issues. this is a great site and gets more posts than all the other sites combined that i frequent.

if you don't keep up with nasty every day it takes along time to get through all the posts.

4. Camaro75LT

Camaro75LT Masshole Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sites that mix in ads drive me up a wall. Half the time, they are designed to imitate the site/board you are on adding additional clutter to whatever you're searching for. A fixed area for ads makes them easier to ignore. Not sure why adding an ad blocking software to your computer/portable device is such an issue. Do you enjoy being marketed to?

One board I'm active on sends messages begging for money. Moderators put up posts asking for donations. That crap gets real, real old in a hurry. A small, unobtrusive (and easily bypassed) ad bar is far superior imo.

5. 1BAD78

1BAD78 Veteran Member Gold Member

Doesn't bother me, but I use my work PC to get on. Mike has gotta do what hes gotta do. Do you expect him to pay for us to be here out of his own pocket?

I don't even have a Camaro any more and pay my yearly GM subscription. I didn't do lifetime because I wanted to keep some sort of cash flow coming in. lol

6. OldCamaroNut

OldCamaroNut Veteran Member Gold Member

Ads? Haters gunna hate........I personally have no problem with ads.....I just ignore them.

7. Da-bigguy

Da-bigguy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I'm now actually finding it amusing looking at the ads that show up on the right. I don't click on any but I am working offshore on a Norwegian owned and registered vessel. Since I am using their internet service, I'm seeing ads in Norwegian. Right now there is one up for Continental tires but most of the text is Norwegian.

8. Mike N

Mike N Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

You're crab fishing on the Northwestern??

9. Budz

Budz Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I just now logged on here since the change and see it also....too distracting and annoying for me.

Logging back off........ :screwup:

10. kimosabi

kimosabi Veteran Member

Well

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015