What happened to the DieHard Platinum?

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Chevy 350, Jan 8, 2014.

1. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

True.

This is due to a lawsuit against Interstate Batteries in regard to the pro-rata warranty.

Many people only remember what they want to remember. The "consumer" claimed that they were sold a sold a "7 year warranty" battery. They failed to remember when the battery failed that it was 30 month free replacement and the rest was "pro-rata".

The lawyers are the only one's that made out on this deal. The consumers with receipts got their choice of a $8.50 check card or a $12.00 product voucher. Those without receipts could get a $5.00 product voucher.

I'm sure the attorney made good money being a "consumer advocate" in getting an average of less than $10.00 per claimant...:rolleyes:

2. Chevy 350

Chevy 350 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I dont think they offered a 4 year warranty the last time I checked about a year ago

3. Chevy 350

I want as long of a free replacement warranty as I can get and the AGM batteries seem to offer that
    I try to buy lifetime parts whenever I can with the hopes of someday having a car with very low maintenance cost
    I love my car and would drive it until hell freezes over if I knew it would be around forever
    Plus I used to sackride Optima pretty hard until I had trouble with the last two I had in my old pickup. The last two also happened to be Mexico ones, one of which failed before the meager 3 year warranty was even up

Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
  4. 75Camaro4x4

75Camaro4x4 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Dual batteries is a must when you are running competition stereo equipment.

5. Chevy 350

Is this the SuperStart I saw on there?
    If I end up not being able to get a 4 year warranty battery, I may go with them actually.
    Im currently leaning towards the Exide Edge if I can find a local retailer that can get me that line

I guess I dont have many options when it comes to my wifes car. Looks like it takes a 47 or 90 series. Everything about her car is a pain in the ass. Reminds me of when I used to have a Corolla and had to go to the dealer to buy freaking light bulbs for my dash. Thanks GM

6. Chevy 350

And even if I dont end up installing a second battery and winch, theres a whole terminal there open for me to hook a charger to.
    If I do make it dual battery, I can connect the batteries via the side terminals and then use the top post to connect the auxiliary device instead of doubling up on my lugs

7. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

ACDelco Professional Gold Series batteries have a 42 month free replacement warranty.

It's a lead acid battery - but a very good one.

My personal experience with ACDelco batteries has been excellent. As a precaution, I just replaced my 8 year old OE ACDelco battery in our Pontiac Torrent with a 75PG before going to Germany for Christmas and leaving it parked outside for 2 weeks. The old battery was doing fine - but just didn't want to get back home and have that hassle for an $85.00 investment.

Previous new car purchases have had that ACD battery last 7 - 9 years before replacement.

I was just at one of my customers shops yesterday and they pulled an entry level ACD battery out that needed replacement - I checked the date code and it was September of 2006. That's 7.5 years for a battery with an 18 month replacement warranty!!!

Exide is one of the worst batteries out there.

The MegaTron Plus (top of the line) is a 30 month free replacement. The MTP sells for more than the ACDelco Professional Gold that has a full 42 month free replacement.

8. BLUE72CAMARO

BLUE72CAMARO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I agree with Champ I have had great luck with AC Delco's. My truck still has the pair of factory batteries in it from 06 and they have been dealing with the cold temps this year just fine so far and my truck usually only gets started once a week or so on average.

9. Nitroexpress

Nitroexpress Veteran Member

Suggestion :Go to your local Interstate werehouse Ie: The Hub were they run the trucks out of. Bring an old battery for a core & buy yourself a blem in your desired configuration. You will save big $$$$ & have a battery just as good. Most blems only have minor damage or missing lables etc but they are 100% useable but not in the retail market but also have no warante. I've done it with a couple of my vehicles in the past and have had no issues. Even if I only got 3 yrs out of them who cares. They all cost me less then $50 - $75.00 ! The ones I have purchased before have lasted up until I sold both of those vehicles & my current 07 Avalanche has a blem in it since August,original Gm one finally died.

10. parts_master1

parts_master1 Veteran Member

Don't let the past remind us of what we are not no
    Yes super start is their brand but do not get their regular battery.

For the record I agree with champ. The Delco lead acids are some of the best performing.