What is an 81 Turbo Trans Am Nascar Edition worth?

twozs

Veteran Member
Aug 5, 1999
hopewell jct ny
70PTRS said:
1981 SE turbo 301 t-top was 3050 according to that link. Hey, it's a nice car, enough with the negative crap. Someone will love to own this car.
not being negative , just giving you some info . i'm old enough to remember when they came out . good looking car , but i would rather have a naturally aspirated motor . oil coking was a big problem .

Last edited:

70PTRS

Veteran Member
Aug 23, 2013
Northern Illinois
Fbird said:
i'm suprised it still runs... damn 301's are NOT what you would call reliable! :eek:

unless you consider breaking the crankshaft.... they will reliably do that.

Great score.
Back when Pontiac actually had some nads to step forward with stuff.... I mean lets just thing about this for a minute..... it's a V-8.... WITH A TURBO!!!! (yeah it's performance was....less than desireable..) but DAYYMMMNNN who else tried that???? ...hmmmm

Whats funny is the guy had a boat and 5 newer cars in his driveway. The T/A was the only vehicle in his garage, and covered. Had a bunch of wood working machines in the other stall. He had his priorities set right!

Its supposed to rain here all day so I may pick it up tomorrow.

twozs

Veteran Member
Aug 5, 1999
hopewell jct ny
Fbird said:
i'm suprised it still runs... damn 301's are NOT what you would call reliable! :eek:

unless you consider breaking the crankshaft.... they will reliably do that.

Great score.
Back when Pontiac actually had some nads to step forward with stuff.... I mean lets just thing about this for a minute..... it's a V-8.... WITH A TURBO!!!! (yeah it's performance was....less than desireable..) but DAYYMMMNNN who else tried that???? ...hmmmm
Buick in 79 ...not a V8 but still a hot air turbo .
image_zpsaegl6ia4.jpg

Latest posts