What is this upper door panel?

Discussion in 'Interior Restoration' started by 73RATTYZ28, Jun 30, 2020.

1. 73RATTYZ28

73RATTYZ28 Veteran Member

upload_2020-6-30_20-9-49.jpeg

2. Camaro Tim01

Camaro Tim01 Member

unsure of your question ??you mean make/model it comes from because its exactly what you said it is, the upper door panel... LOL
    Back when I was a young kid I had a '70 SS and 2 years later a 73 RS ( not that I grew up rich or priveledged, quite the opposite, dirt poor and broke and they were both rust buckets that if remembering correctly I paid $300 and $500 for at the time ).... They both had those upper door panels and then one middle panel of vinyl and a plastic panel that went to the bottom of the door.
    throughout the years the styles changed from 3 piece to 2 piece to 1 piece panels.
    From the look of the mirror adjuster being square and I think I see a bottom plastic piece for the door, I think its from a '70 73 model
    Best bet is to look through online catalogues to narrow down exact years like camaro central, NPS, ecklers, ricks camaros ect...

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
  3. 73RATTYZ28

So I assume that chrome bezel is for the remote mirror. Is the passager side interchangeable with earlier models?

4. Camaro Tim01

Camaro Tim01 Member

Camaro Central lists 70-75
    Classic industries lists 70 -73
    Ricks camaros lists 70-73

Thinking back and picturing my 73 RS, I was incorrect, that square mirror adjuster I had on it so it should fit fine if its a 73 you have as your name implies.
    they should be interchangeable and fit 70-73 models, not sure why camaro central lists up to 75,might or might not be but yes thinking back both my 70 and 73 had them and were the same... I remember because the plastic bottom portion on my 70 was notorious for coming unclipped from the middle portion and I removed both and made a white leather panel that went into the piece you took a pic of, looked awsome white on black...LOL

5. dave@ztech

dave@ztech Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Usually the mirror remote is in the middle panel not the top piece

6. 73RATTYZ28

It's on the middle piece of my 73. I have never seen one on the upper panel. I just need the passenger side as mine is cracked.

7. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Veteran Member

Dave is right. It may fit, but that's not factory.