What is your 1 favorite exercise?

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by bourbon_scotch, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Happy_Dan

Happy_Dan Veteran Member

I try to convince my wife to help out in bed, but she is not all that interested. LOL.
    I try to walk as much as possible, play hockey on Friday nights and ride a bike. But the bike and walking seem to keep pushed off by chores I have to do all the time. But I try to do things that just make me active like splitting and stacking wood.

2. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

OMG I have never watched that show. Unbelieveable.

3. 1972_Z-28

1972_Z-28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Family Guy is awesome!!!
    Oh 16oz curls for me.

4. Smokey15

Smokey15 Veteran Member

My wife's a great cook, and I love to eat. I try to eat 'til I'm comfortable, then quit. We try to clear the food, etc. from the table, right away so temptation is gone. Now if I can just get my wife to stop ordering more food, at a restaurant, than she can eat. It seems to find it's way onto my plate.
    I want to lose 20lbs. I'm 5'11" and weigh 220 now.

1980RS likes this.
  5. carr911

carr911 Veteran Member

I used to run everyday, but I had my knee replaced so that is out. I know ride my Mountain Bike, hit the Speedbag and do sit-ups

6. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

I know a way to lose 26 pounds in 4 days, although I don't recommend it. I ended up in the cardiac unit for 2 weeks and nothing by mouth for 3 days. I'm 6 foot even and went from 225 to 199.

7. bourbon_scotch

bourbon_scotch Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

i watched this video a while ago and i think what he says is true

8. ssupercoolss

ssupercoolss Veteran Member

What exercises do i like doing? none. But i do about 80 leg lifts and 10-15 mins on an elliptical 2 times most days, and walk the dog about almost every afternoon. he is getting older, so walks are getting shorter. throw in some push ups every once and a while. im 5'8", i got near 200 lbs a few years ago. Got pretty serious on the routine and shed 40 some lbs. I dont drink like i used to. i still like to, but for some reason now 1-2 beers can give me a splitting headache. At this point im just working out hard enough to maintain my weight. i have a soft spot for sweets.

9. MIDNIGHTBLUE

MIDNIGHTBLUE Veteran Member

Great topic! Well, this is going to sound strange but I love shoulder and and arm exercises and here's why. When I was on the DL with a major back injury, I gained a TON of weight. Steroids, scripted narcotics and being bed ridden and nearly immobile, had me put on a ton, literally. I started Ketogenics and now I am down almost 40 lbs now. This will sound strange but seeing veins in my arms is a big mile stone for me. So I tend to do a ton of arm work and shoulders. Bicep curls, triceps pull downs, cable rows etc. Makes my veins pop in my arms and I get that awesome feeling of engorged muscles and arms.

Just being near 100% and being able to hit the treadmill and the weight pile again is such an amazing feeling and only took me 10 years to get here, LOL.

bourbon_scotch likes this.
  10. 1980RS

1980RS Veteran Member

No sugar, no pop, no carbs and no fast food inc. pizza. That's what I did when I was 220lbs, now at a comfy 174. I still eat a ton of food though but all good stuff.

jeff swisher and Smokey15 like this.