what kind of storage lift to buy?

Discussion in 'Garages, Workshops & Tools' started by arnies81camaro, Nov 29, 2011.

1. arnies81camaro

arnies81camaro Member

I'm looking into buying a 4 post storage lift. Does anyone have any recommendations on what brand or type to look for? Thanks...

2. BigEd36

BigEd36 Veteran Member

I don't know about one brand over another, but a lot of the guys in my area, even from up in Michigan get their lifts from the Greg Smith Equipment Co. location in Indianapolis. They have a location in Hudson, NH, as well as several other locations around the U.S. Their website has a TON of information on lifts. http://www.gregsmithequipment.com/

Ed

3. BigBlock73

BigBlock73 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

4. JONESYFXR

JONESYFXR Veteran Member

Buy a good name-brand like Rotary (pricey) or Bendpak (reasonable but still quality).

5. arnies81camaro

arnies81camaro Member

Thanks! I'll check them out!

6. CamarosRus

CamarosRus Veteran Member

7. JONESYFXR

JONESYFXR Veteran Member

I have heard about people that have the Backyard Buddy, but when seeing that, then seeing a Bendpak........there's no comparison.

8. Dave Nelson

Dave Nelson Veteran Member

Bought a four post Atlas 8000 from http://www.gregsmithequipment.com/ , picked it up with a car trailer at the Delaware warehouse, 3 of us had it assembled in 4 hours. Great lift , very high quality IMO. I will try to post pics tomorrow.

9. 7ty-74

7ty-74 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Like to see some pictures. Is this the kind that you can move around or is it bolted to the floor?

10. l16pilot

l16pilot Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I bought the same lift as Dave from Greg Smith Equipment in June 2010 along with a sliding jack and picked it up at their DE warehouse....actually, bought two lifts....one for me and one for a neighbor. Does not need to be bolted to the floor and is very stable, in my opinion. Also comes with little trolleys that allow it to be moved/positioned as needed. Took me and one other person 6 hours to assemble the first one and around 4 hours for the second lift.

I only have a 10' ceiling, but can fit my DD Miata underneath no problem and still get under the Camaro comfortably to work. With nothing on the lift, I can fit my Tundra under the lift.

Mine gets used on rare occassion....but my neighbor probably uses his 1-2 times a week and has had no issues or problems in the past year and a half.

If I had room for another, yes I would buy this lift again.

[​IMG][/IMG]