What roll over valve you guys running

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by Rickyb1968, May 20, 2018.

1. berg2695

berg2695 Veteran Member

I agree with Rick. There is no good reason to go without the charcoal canister. If the tank is stock, you don't need a rollover valve because the vent line that goes into the top of the tank has a .050" orifice restriction. Here is a picture. IMG_0003 (4).JPG

2. Bandit723

Bandit723 Veteran Member

^^^^ Good info never knew this one. I do agree with Rick as well a stock canister would be the way to go. Saying this i checked my old new tank that i just replaced it is made by spectra or something like that the vent tube is not restricted like your picture shows "fat wire run up it went right into the tank". I can't imagine a one way check valve not closing when fluid is pushing it closed "could be a bad part" Might get a drip or two.

Also question as to what the II Much really is doing. Filtering the fumes? seeing that they want a check valve put in per their instruction to me say's they don't want fuel in the system maybe?.

Seeing the ring bros use this i will be talking to them at the Iola car show i will ask about it.

3. berg2695

berg2695 Veteran Member

I just realized that my previous post is sort of late second gen specific. If we are talking about an early car then the part about the restriction may not apply. I don't know as much as I thought I did about early second gens. :eek: