What supplier makes good comfort weave

Discussion in 'Interior Restoration' started by McCune, Oct 4, 2015.

1. McCune

McCune Veteran Member

I am in search of correct Comfort weave material for a 73 LT interior.

I got a sample from legendary and did not like the fake look a like material.

Hoping for something more original.

Thanks

Jim

2. Rick@NPD

[email protected] Veteran Member

Back in the 90's, there was an earthquake and flood (tsunami) that destroyed several coastal towns in Japan. Among the casualties was the only remaining plant that produced the true comfortweave vinyls.

Since then, all the industry has been able to get is "stamped" (embossed) comfortweave lookalike material. However, the owner of Legendary told me he's working on a true/real comfortweave project. How and where I have no idea, because the machinery is extremely specialized.

In the meantime, what you see is what you get.. UNLESS... You're willing to dig really deep into your restoration budget and purchase New Old Stock comforweave yardage from SMS fabrics www.smsautofabrics.com , and then have either a qualified local trim shop sew-up your upholstery with it, or see if Legendary or Distinctive would be willing to integrate it.

You can search high and low, but trust me, there's no real comfortweave available except what you might find in NOS, and only SMS has that AFAIK.

Rick
    NPD

Big likes this.