What was the car that got you into cars?

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by ColdBastrd, Sep 30, 2014.

1. red78z

red78z Veteran Member

my dads 67 mustang fastback , was a S(^** color brown but it was bad ass , @least for me as a kid, then it went to my oldest brothers 68 firebird vert, and my other brothers 73 cougar

2. red78z

red78z Veteran Member

after my brother sold his cougar he enlisted and bought a 77 T/A , Lizzie wouldn't allow me to have it when he wanted to get rid of it due to excessive comsumption of varying legal and non legal substances:mad: :)

3. slayer74

slayer74 Veteran Member

the general lee,was absolutly hooked after seeing that show-i was born in dublin ireland and there were no muscle cars in ireland back then,so basically anything i saw on tv,trans ams camaros chargers mustangs chevelles corvettes etc(please dont kill me for the mustang comment)

4. B.M.

B.M. Veteran Member

That's pretty much what got me interested.My dad had a nova,but the hot wheels cars did most of it.That's exactly what got me interested in 2nd gen camaro's,i had never seen one in person,but i got a 78-81 somewhere in there hot wheels,and thought it was the coolest car i had ever seen,so for my 16th birthday my dad got me an 81 berlinetta,i've been hooked ever since haha.

5. GoldenOne7710

GoldenOne7710 Equal Opportunity Offender Lifetime Gold Member

Same here:cool:

6. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Early Z28's and Chevelle SS396 - Also In 1970 taking Auto Shop in High School did it to me.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  7. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

I always liked anything mechanical but I got hooked on cars around 1963 or '64. My grandfather taught me to drive my uncles 1918 Model T. Driving a car with a regular transmission was quite a change for me. Having brakes was better too. Add in starting with a KEY and I was in heaven. I've never looked back.

As for Burt Reynolds, "Smokey and the Bandit" was okay but I liked the precursors he made in the late 60's and early 70's "Gator" and "White Lightning". Quite a bit more serious and it was an early "Dukes of Hazzard", just without Daisy.

8. RS1979

RS1979 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

My grandfathers '67 GTO did it to me.

9. Budz

Budz Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Well, my first car was this one handed down to me, and I was kind of hooked. Other cars in the hood (only about 25 homes) that were fun to watch test-n-tune up and down the street were a '68 Charger, '69 Firebird, ?? Duster 340/4spd, '63 Vette, '57 Belair, and one guy had two '67 Vettes.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  10. gramps

gramps Veteran Member

Weeellllll to start with was my dads '72 ss nova. Mom tells me When I was a baby a lot of times the only way I'd sleep was riding in the car lol! It only got worse from there. Man I miss that car. Dad sold it when I was 14. Wasn't for sale, some random person saw it in the driveway and asked if it was for sale and well money talks. That was back in '94. Even after all the blood and sweat and lost religion I have put into my Camaro, I would watch it be made into new beer cans to get my hands on that nova. Don't get me wrong I love my Z, but not quite like I do that nova.

On a side note I did track that car as far as finding out the guy never did anything with it, and it currently resides in a field somewhere in southern Ontario, most likely in the port colborne/welland/wainfleet area. It was a dark green color, had keystones and was a 350/4spd car with bench seats. Yaknow Incase anybody has seen it or knows where it is.

Edit: remembered I have a picture of it. This was taken sometime around '83.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014