What was this guy thinking? Cat 4 coming I'll just park it in the car port?

Knuckle Dragger

Mayor of Simpleton
Staff member
Lifetime Gold Member
Nov 2, 2002
Waddell AZ
I'd say beware late model used cars with strong air fresheners.

After Katrina we got all kinds of stuff from the wholesalers trying to pass flooded cars off to my dealer for the used car lot. PAinted over mud etc. You just can't hide the smell. My coworker and I took pride that we didn't let crap like that through to the lot.

badazz81z28

Veteran Member
May 4, 2001
Alabama
Maybe, but wouldn't the roads been packed with collector cars heading down there if that were the case?

What do you mean? One guy does it, so all must to make it true? There is something fishy to have a six figure car, know a hurricane is coming and not action is taken to protect it?

sandlapper

Veteran Member
Oct 9, 2020
SE CSA
After Katrina we got all kinds of stuff from the wholesalers trying to pass flooded cars off to my dealer for the used car lot. PAinted over mud etc. You just can't hide the smell. My coworker and I took pride that we didn't let crap like that through to the lot.
yup, being native to southeast's flood-prone coastal plain, all too familiar w/ flood cars. While it's true money+time can fix a lot damages, flood waters typically are rife w/ bacterial, fungal & viral loads which set up housekeeping anywhere those waters reach --- as well as a some salts. That brew is tough on everything and especially electric/electronic. Simply drying does help, but many of the above leave spores which can/will regenerate again & again. And as said by knuckledragger --- that smell.

Zstar

Veteran Member
Mar 23, 2014
Ocala, Florida
heres an IDEA.......drive the damn precious things...somewhere else!

Nothing EPIC about this storm....EPIC 20 yrs ago..yeah...but for 2020+...just a "big" hurricane
For this area, it was indeed, epic. Ian was the same damage scale as Katrina, Andrew, and Michael. Not epic? Watch the storm surge video on Reddit and posted here as well. A 15 foot storm surge is EXTREMELY damaging. The insurance bill in itself, will be epic. ALOT of extreme;y high dollar homes and boats in that area.

Fbird, I love ya, but you're wrong on this one.

Fbird

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Feb 12, 2011
atlanta, ga
Unfortunately still really bad.....I recall Andrew in 1992 and the carnage that followed as several of my Army FRIENDS were sent to re-map south florida. Just sheer destruction as far as you could see.

BillyDean7173

Final Six
May 21, 2014
Hutto, TX
I'm curious as to how people protect their chrome when they live next to salt water. Do you just wipe it down frequently? Is there a cleaner that you use? Or is it really even a problem?

Bills69

Veteran Member
May 28, 2018
you can plan all you want but storms change direction at any time leaving little notice