What would need to be done to make the motor like this?

Discussion in 'Engine Topic' started by SPG, Oct 10, 2018.

1. SPG

SPG Bumblebee Builder

Hello, this is kind of a silly questions but I was watching the first transformers movie and noticed the car had this motor
    [​IMG]
    It's...nothing I've ever really seen before and I'm pretty sure it's fake because...movies.
    But anyways, I ask this because if I set myself out to build something as close to that as I could...what would be needed?

2. Peck

Peck Veteran Member

3. SPG

SPG Bumblebee Builder

4. CorkyE

CorkyE Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Kinser could build you one, just get your wallet ready. Not really a big advantage on a street driven engine.

5. Zspoiler

Zspoiler Veteran Member

Thats more for "looks' on a street car. And it will take very deep pockets . Or buy the parts a little at a time so it wont hit you all at once. It took me a year and a half .Plus a lot of over time and bonus checks for mine blown small block.

Attached Files:

6. Peck

Peck Veteran Member

7. SPG

SPG Bumblebee Builder

hmmm, this doesn't sound really worth it to build up the 350 to be honest...though it would look cool as hell.

If I built up my current 350, what other mods would you suggest and what performance can I expect? if I put the cross ram on there I don't think I'd be able to put a super charger on it...which would probably give me the most "easy" performance.

8. Zspoiler

Zspoiler Veteran Member

It depends on your budget and what you want to do with your car. Most just start with a intake manifold change .Then headers and dual exhaust .And so on and so forth.

9. SPG

SPG Bumblebee Builder

my budget is as much as I need it to be, right now I'm sitting at around 35k (assuming I do an ls swap)
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1T9_rg-tgEJ55Z9jOip--yatsOHVC3ycfjhx5-oUL3Lc/edit#gid=0
    When I bought the car it already had dual exhaust, and the last carb caught fire so a edelbrock 1406 was put on by the last owner.

10. Zspoiler

Zspoiler Veteran Member

The what do you want to do with the car. There are all sorts of ways to do so with a combination of factory and aftermarket parts , With all the knowledge on this site we may be able to help. Or where to look for the information to do so.