What's with other drivers at stoplights these days?

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by berg2695, Sep 2, 2020.

1. berg2695

berg2695 Veteran Member

In my neck of the woods, if I am stopped at a light on a multi-lane road, other drivers who pull up in an adjacent lane almost always stop way short of my vehicle. It's like no one wants to make eye contact with me or anyone else. Or, perhaps they don't want others to see them texting. I don't know. It seems that the more instantaneous communications become and the more the population density increases, the more distant we all are. This distresses me. Rant off.:rolleyes:

2. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Mayor of Simpleton Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Alrighty then......

3. FreedomPenguin

FreedomPenguin Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

In the city area where I live, I see people beside me, we both are stopped at red lights, they look left and right, and just run through. Its weird as hell, and I have never seen someone pulled over for it. its quite common, see it a few times a week in my areas. So dangerous

No one looks over at each other here. Lol they are afraid of being robbed or something idk. dayton is a weird place. on the way to dayton its like pure ghetto. People running around on dirt bikes and quads, and mini bikes up and down the streets with no license plates. After stimulus happened, it was like madmax with everyones new toys. zero enforcement. I take highway now to avoid them, I was almost hit daily.

4. Knuckle Dragger

Are you guys looking to have social hour at the stoplight? I'm pissed off half the time because the clowns driving are so distracted they don't go when they should go, what lane to be in and they can't understand right of way at a four way stop. Of course grandma snowbird who thinks making her turn at 3 mph is acceptable takes the cake. Either drive it or park there is no in between.

carr911, muscl car and gramps like this.
  5. FreedomPenguin

FreedomPenguin Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

nah, I dont talk to anyone. but the running the stop lights is a pet peeve of mine, I kinda got tboned by someone who ran red-light on my 21st birthday and broke 2 ribs.

6. gramps

gramps Veteran Member

I mean in MN nearly everybody waves at you, driving, at a light together. A 4 way stop can take 15 minutes if 3 cars arrive at close to the same time. Ya you go Ollie. no you go first Sven. Boy I tell ya it’s a little different than southern Ontario where I grew up. People just as nice, just fast about it. And don’t get me started on the “Minnesota goodbye”. Took us a half hour to leave the inlaws this afternoon. I started driving away and the wife got pissed. I mean she wasn’t in the car yet to be fair.

7. Twisted_Metal

Twisted_Metal Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

^ You need to set an "AIS" time to hit the road with a female in the car. ;)
    That's "Azz In Seat" if you're unfamiliar with the acronym.

It depends upon what I'm driving.
    In the Camaro, people usually try to make eye contact and give a thumbs up. :cool:

In my Impala... It's business as usual.
    Running red lights and cutting people off is rare in Minnesota Nice territory.
    I live in the most crowded area of the state and can drive for days without hearing anyone honking a car horn. :)

grzewnicki and SupplySgt like this.
  8. Knuckle Dragger

I guess they make up for it out here because Minnesota plates are a warning sign for me to stay clear and expect random lane changes, stops and the occasional "back up" because they missed Denny's driveway.

9. Twisted_Metal

Twisted_Metal Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

They probably look like this...

[​IMG]

Arizona is our elderly population's winter migration destination.

For a few months of the year, it's great for us... Sucks for you. :(

10. biker

biker Veteran Member

It's the texting. Trust me.