What's with other drivers at stoplights these days?

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by berg2695, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Patstuff28

Patstuff28 Veteran Member

Yeah, I have noticed a lot of people stopping short of the red lights. Usually 1/2 to 3/4 if a car length back. I leave work at 2:00am. This is some poor type of racing tactic. When the light turns green they think the rollout is going to help them get ahead of me. They are almost always wrong as I know how the stupid game works.

2. ssupercoolss

ssupercoolss Veteran Member

I'm not innocent of looking at my cell at a red light, but driving i dont, except i do use the maps as gps if i need some direction.
    I hope all of the people texting (or whatever with their phone) while driving know exactly how obvious it is when they are paying more attention to their phone than the road. I wonder if they have fooled themselves into thinking they have it mastered. Most times when i get behind someone on the road go slower than the speed limit, or hugging the double yellow, its because their attention is directed at the phone.

3. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Mayor of Simpleton Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

I keep saying I'm going to do that. What did you go with?

4. Gary S

Gary S Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

Likewise. I have a dashcam in both my vehicles and use them all the time if the vehicle is used.

5. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I noticed yrs ago nobody likes to stop at stop signs especially when no one is at the other stops going the other directions. WTF is wrong with people today. If your late for an appt, get your ars out of bed 5 min earlier. Cops were called about this in our neighbourhood and the Cop made a killing at 2 stop signs. Can’t fix stupid.

Da-bigguy likes this.
  6. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

Was in Walmart last winter, end of aisle display loaded up with these Pilot 720p units, 8 bucks each with a 8g SD card included, nice long power cord. Bought several, and they are actually pretty decent. www.dashcamsupport.com shows these.
    This will show a license plate when stopped at red light but a 1080p might be better for the better videos.

Knuckle Dragger likes this.
  7. Da-bigguy

Da-bigguy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

That's one of my biggest pet peeves, drivers ignoring stop signs. Irritates the heck out of me so I usually call them something nasty, hope they get caught by the police at some point but otherwise just carry on. Nothing else really to do.

8. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

I've got two plus one I gave the GF. When I bought a fairly new car, I got a deluxe dash cam from Cobra. I'm not impressed with it. It just blanks out on hot days. I've got an older Garmin that is held in with a suction cup mount and I can move it from car to car and it's been really reliable. The Cobra, I don't know what glue that mount uses but you'll take glass off if you try to remove it. If you buy one, the Garmins work really well and the only problem is sometimes the suction cup comes off the glass. About $40-50 will get you a good one. The Cobras are well over $150. The only advantage is you can get front and rear cameras with them.

9. Patstuff28

Patstuff28 Veteran Member

I work in a large warehouse near Pearson International Airport in Toronto. Much of the labour force comes from India, Pakistan and Bangladesh. It is a very colourful place with a rainbow of different coloured turbans everyday. Naturally when you mentioned cobras, I automatically thought of the ones swaying out of straw baskets for the snake charmers blowing their flutes!

10. 80sz

80sz Veteran Member

I look to see everyone o the phone at lights. I purposely don’t pull next to someone for my privacy. So I’m one of those people, Guess I like my car freedom with the radio off in my own little world