Wheel PAINT

ChevyReb

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Feb 4, 2003
SC
I'd also powder coat them. If not looking for perfect get a powder coat gun from Eastwood and an old oven and have at it. It's not that hard. Clean clean clean and coat them and bake at powder recommended temp and time. Biggest thing is when done ope the oven door and allow part to cool to outside temp before you touch or try to remove from oven. Spray all the holes and crevices real good it will all flow out.

Painting those wheels without runs will be much more difficult IMO.

The home powdercoat will probably look better than you think. Practice on a test wheel 1st though! It's hard to recoat with the inexpensive guns.

flint9

Veteran Member
Jun 6, 2016
st louis mo
i need to paint my 5 spoke steel to color match my car black. current color is factory gray silver as from earlier year camaro,s what paint should i use?

Fbird

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Feb 12, 2011
atlanta, ga
well the SEM trim black I just used...looks GREAT (satin) but after testing a sample piece discovered that brake cleaner will KILL it ...so gotta go with some SERIOUS CLEAR coat...just to make sure. Thinking Dupli-color matte clear WHEEL PAINT....gotta test it

80sz

sup
Feb 2, 2014
Buffalo,n.y.
If its a quick job spray can will work fine. Id sand them with 400 , prime sand again if want real smooth and top coat with your favorite sheen, id go gloss black. It will last a long time

Fbird

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Feb 12, 2011
atlanta, ga
1652008364015.png

completed

Latest posts