When did simple math get so hard?

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by M1 Master Gunner, Oct 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 72'z'steve

72'z'steve Veteran Member

We pay with cash for everything,"big stuff" on a CC that gets paid off each month zero balance:D Wifey pulls out X-puts what left every 2 weeks goes in the cabinet,plus saves when checks are cashed at the bank-has always worked for us, plus its nice to have a couple grand accumulate in the envelope just in case-With that said We bought groceries was like $185 wifey gives "Brittany" $200 in 20's she counts gets to 60 stops starts again-stops 3x -rings for help.I kindly asked her if there was a problem and she said "When the numbers get that big people usually pay with a card" Yikes :eek: Its not like the time we bought a camaro for 15 k and the guy would only take cash-got banded bills from the bank but still needed counting,can't remember how many times we all counted and came up with different amounts a hondo or 2 up or down :screwup:
    Wifey used to have some employees who were legal but had no bank for some reason,a "friendly" coworker cashed their checks for them but always gave them less,laughed about they were too dumb to count -worked until he yacked too much and got a lumpin!
    What drives more me nuts are the "rewards cards" at the gas station where the fool doesn't have it or doesn't know his phone number -WAAAAY longer then Edna writing her check! Rant off Later Steve!!

2. 1980RS

1980RS Veteran Member

Want to screw them up? go to the store and ask for some Diet Water. You will get a bewildered look from that one.

La.Z8 likes this.
  3. carhead22000

carhead22000 oldblue

i always have cash on me...cash still talks.something happens,you break down,anything.some guys love cash.gotta be ready all the time for the shady deal.ohh and talk about messing them up in the grocery store,i,ll walk over to the lobster tank in the seafood dept.look closely at the lobster and ask the young guy if there is any outdated lobsters in there today.the older guys laugh.the kids just don,t get it.lol

4. Twisted_Metal

Twisted_Metal Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Find a Craigslist deal and try to pay for it with a credit card, check (or your watch). :confused:

Cash still works best for many things.

carr911, La.Z8 and gramps like this.
  5. McCune

McCune Veteran Member

Most people selling will hold it for you with Venmo and beat the cash guy to the punch. So yes, phone or watch kick ass!

Knuckle Dragger likes this.
  6. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

I just paid my bills with checks.

I have a 9 year old and his previous math classes were just like that. Bundles of 10 sticks, small circles, breaking numbers down so you are supposed to have a simple equation when it is so much easier to do the old way.

7. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

I remember my first gas station job, first thing to know is how to count change backward, out loud. And never put the bill in the register until the change is counted and taken. "Hey I gave you a twenty." But that was a few years ago.

carr911 and gramps like this.
  8. gramps

gramps Veteran Member

funny I learned similar and at the local gas station I worked at. I still put the customers money on the counter while I count and hand them the change. I even caught the gas station owners wife snatching $20 bills out of my till when I was outside pumping gas. After a few consecutive shifts with her and me being exactly to the flippin penny $20 short, I kept all the money in my pocket until the end of the shift. Hmm funny the drawer that “we” counted was now 20 short of the 100 I started with and I never opened it the entire night. And bingo he watches the tape and mommas hand is in my cookie jar.

9. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Mayor of Simpleton Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Is it me, or is it starting to smell like Bengay in here? :p

tom3, carr911 and BonzoHansen like this.
  10. Twisted_Metal

Twisted_Metal Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Hey... There's nothing wrong with BENGAY! (or Old Spice.)

I don't think you're so young that you ever saw "quinoa" on a grade school school spelling test. ;)

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.