Where are my Ford experts at?

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by AllensaurusRex, Aug 6, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Mayor of Simpleton Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

That's your best advice right here, follow the logical diagnostic path instead of throwing parts at it. Might not want to insult the dealer guys with the "stealership" comment when asking for help either.

2. AllensaurusRex

AllensaurusRex Veteran Member

I'm only being cheeky. What the stealership has that other places/myself doesn't is the higher-tech diagnostic tools. For that, I am thankful.

3. AllensaurusRex

Here is the data stream. I guess I just figured I would receive some kind of code for a cat issue.

IMG_1858.jpg

4. AllensaurusRex

Here is a better resolution photo

Data Stream.JPG

5. Knuckle Dragger

I can't read that well, what are the short term and long term numbers? Those won't help with the cat but if I'm reading what I think I'm reading you are over fueling.

6. AllensaurusRex

Try using THIS LINK HERE. I uploaded the photo to a Google Photos Album, and the quality should be much better. Nastyz28 compresses the photo file for storage reasons.

I'm debating on whether to try replacing the cat next or the timing chain. Luckily, I have a backup car I can use while I piddle with this. Less time with my Camaro, but oh well.

7. Knuckle Dragger

I can't access that link from work, our firewall is blocking it. Slow your roll on the cat or timing chain I'm pretty sure you have a fueling issue. I need to see the numbers to offer advice on where to go but I'm 99.9% sure it's neither the cat or the timing chain. I'm not interested in the graph just the long term and short term numbers listed on the left side. Short term looked in the 20's but I couldn't see if one was negative and one was positive. They are way out of whack but I want to see how.

As others have said the chain would cause issues everywhere not cylinder specific, the cat can cause a misfire but generally the failure isn't like you describe. It is possible it's the cause of the numbers but not likely.

8. AllensaurusRex

• LONGFT1 2.73%
    • LONGFT2 -5.07%
    • SHRTFT1 35.80%
    • SHRTFT2 -23.78%

9. Knuckle Dragger

That's what I thought I saw, freaking weird I tell you. Bank one is way lean (as in I've never seen STFT with a number that big) or thinks it's lean and the ECM is adding fuel. Bank two is very rich and the ECM is pulling a huge amount of fuel away.

What is the IAT at? What are the O2 readings for sensor one banks one and two? It's really weird to see the numbers opposite and so high. Any chance you have the injectors or O2 sensors pluged in wrong (left to right)? Do a really good visual on the harness, look for a gross vacuum leak on the right side. Check the fuel pressure regulator for liquid fuel n the vacuum line.

No way it's an engine mechanical issue. Those numbers are really strange.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
  10. AllensaurusRex

• Agree, I guess it is possible the ECM finally gave out after 300k and is producing incorrect readings...trying to add/reduce fuel at the wrong time, etc.