Where do my seatbelts go? (HELP!)

Discussion in 'Interior Restoration' started by AllensaurusRex, May 12, 2019.

1. AllensaurusRex

AllensaurusRex Veteran Member

Of course I put the headliner in first...and the seat belts have been out of the car for 6 years. Can someone post a photo of their 70-73 or link me to a photo of the seatbelt location where it mounts to the roof?

IMG_20190512_155651.jpg
    Thanks!

2. bodymanbill

bodymanbill Veteran Member

image.jpg image.jpg Here's two from the right side on my 73, I took at least 10 but these are the best two.

3. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

70-71 are the same, not sure about 72 but I know 73 isn't the same as 70-71. So what year do you have?

Here's my 70.
    [​IMG]

4. f-body freak

f-body freak Veteran Member

Awesome guys. I did a search on this not to long ago & couldn't find any pics. Good to see this stuff

hubedobeedo likes this.
  5. Ote

Ote Member

lap belt.jpg
    Lap belt installed in original location in my '71 Z. There are holes in the roof for the screws front and back if you can locate them under your headliner.

hubedobeedo likes this.
  6. rotinrob

rotinrob Member

Feel around in the general area of where the bolts should go based on the photos. When you think you find them use a straight pin through one of the perforations and poke around until you are sure you have fond the hole. With some practice you will be able to tell a threaded hole from a hole. Than use the bolt to mark and double confirm the hole location before cutting. A tip; there are two holes close to each other mark with the pins and check the fit to the belt anchor before cutting. This technique works for the sunvisor holes, coat hooks and the dome light screw holes.

7. AllensaurusRex

AllensaurusRex Veteran Member

Y
    Yesir! I got it. I think the thing that was throwing me off was that I had the aftermarket 3 point Morris belts...and I couldn't find any great images of them so I was confused. I did essentially what you described above and got it. Thanks

hubedobeedo likes this.