Which borla pro xs?

Discussion in 'High Performance Modifications' started by 408maro, May 14, 2014.

1. 408maro

408maro Veteran Member

Hey guys trying to purchase my X pipe and borla pro xs mufflers but a Lil confused on which ones to get

I want to go 2.5 with the exhaust.

Do I get the center or offset?
    And which length?
    Anybody have a part number?

Also which x pipe should I go with? Or does it really matter?

Thanks

John

2. warped

warped Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sitting in my command bunker waiting for the zombi
    Building an exhaust system is a little more complicated than just picking part numbers, especially if you want to mix manufacturers.

The X-pipe can come from anyone, although you probably want it from one of the name manufacturers. Aluminized steel or stainless will last longer. How far the X is located from the collectors and how long it is will give you the placement for the mufflers. Center or offset inlet depends on the outlet of the X and where you want the mufflers hanging. If you plan to use full tailpipes you need to be aware of the muffler outlet.

Sometimes a kit is easier but if not, plan to do a lot of research to find dimensions and then spend some time under the car measuring and laying everything out before you buy. Good luck.

3. 408maro

408maro Veteran Member

i honestly didnt think about how much needs to go into it..thanks for the info i will most likely go to the muffler shop and have him figure it out

i will be running exhaust all the way to the rear and will have to see how my t-56 g-force crossmember clears for the x pipe and would also like to run collectors instead of fully welded

4. Lowend

Lowend Administrator. .a car, a man, a maraca. Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

You probably want Center/offset.

You're in San Jose... go over to Babe's Muffler on the Alameda and talk to Curt. He's a dealer for Borla and has done a million of these cars, won't steer you wrong.

5. 408maro

408maro Veteran Member

right on lowend appreciate it.. ill have to take your advice and see what he can do for me

6. Lowend

Lowend Administrator. .a car, a man, a maraca. Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Look for the statue... you'll know it when you see it

7. Lowend

Just curious how this turned out?

8. ProStreet383

ProStreet383 Veteran Member

My setup is kind of an odd ball. Not enough room in the rear to put the mufflers. This is 3" borla XR1 sportsmans and a pypes x pipe. Love the setup just wish they were a little louder. My engine is very radical but this setup makes it sound VERY tame.

[​IMG]

With exhaust

http://youtu.be/lEfDUtpuM4M?t=17s

Open exhaust

http://youtu.be/HE27VqHn0Kk

9. 408maro

408maro Veteran Member

Thank you for the post. Car sounds good. I had everything installed but got crappie phone pictures. I agree sounds very tame and wish it was a tad louder but I'm happy with it

10. HULKZ28

HULKZ28 Veteran Member

how do those borlas flow/sound??im looking for a better sounding ex. system..has flowmasters on it now..also tried summit turbos..I like the way some of the mustangs out there sound..real tight....