which header gasket

tom3

Veteran Member
Aug 1, 1999
ohio
Last I bought were Mr. Gasket ultra seal, been several years now, no problems with really old Blackjack headers. Good gaskets for the money.

muscl car

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jul 8, 2001
Gallatin Tennessee
I've been running the same Mr Gasket dead soft copper collector gaskets now going on 15 years with no leaks whatsoever . These same collector gaskets are used ones I've had on another jeep that I had before my Camaro . so they're actually 20 years old and haven't had any issues

green 1977

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Aug 18, 2003
On Wisconsin!
Since you have Vortec heads... I would go with the 760-66121. (They specifically mention "Vortec".)

I think I used the 760-66011 for standard old-school small block heads.
It's been a decade... I would have to search my project thread and maybe come up with a number which won't be specific for your application.

Hop to it, Harry!
Iola only is two weeks away! :D
Thats where my confusion was... the fact that the heads are "D" port and the headers are square port

Joekool

Veteran Member
Feb 4, 2002
Hollister CA USA
I bought a set of Summit branded copper gaskets like 10 years ago and they been on two different engines and three different sets of cylinder between those 2 engines, no noticeable leaks. I also used the Summit branded copper collector gaskets and have had no problems.

Latest posts