Who’s running torq thrust 18s?

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by 72BIGBLOCK, Jul 12, 2021.

1. roadrace2

roadrace2 Veteran Member

upload_2021-7-17_6-37-15.png

Rear end shot

Attached Files:

xten likes this.
  2. NOT A TA

NOT A TA Veteran Member

It looks like some idiot with a perfectly usable track car took it completely apart and got really, really, carried away with a bare metal rotisserie restoration with a LOT of modifications and then life (and nearly lack of) and other projects with higher priority got in the way and stopped progress.

As soon as I finish fixing my house I'll get back to the '67 Camaro and then when I get the '67 project done so I can sell it, I'll finish the bird.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

$ Mike 70 Z-28 and AK99 like this.
  3. NOT A TA

NOT A TA Veteran Member

As I mentioned 18 X 10s with 285 and 295 30's. Not going to post backspacing anywhere till I've had the car out on the street and tracks to test.

Some might wonder why I went to narrower rear wheels & tires when the 17 X 11's with Yokohama 315's fit fine. I won a contest that included a set of Rushforth wheels and a set of Yokohama tires like the tires I'd run previously. The width limit of the Rushforths I was being given was 10" and I could get wider ones if I wanted to pay the difference. I had no money to spend so that was that. In addition, Yokohama did not make the tires I wanted in 18" sizes wider than 295. I needed to go up to 18" wheels because the 14" Baer brakes (also won in contest) won't fit in 17's.

4. KingofThings

KingofThings Veteran Member

I have you beat!
    These are Pork Thrusts. ;)

conestoga wagon.JPG

5. 72BIGBLOCK

72BIGBLOCK Veteran Member

Looking great!! Can’t wait to see it on the road