Who drag races in Colorado??

mrdragster1970

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member

What's the racing scene like in the Colorado Springs area??
Is it an after thought or is drag racing fairly popular??
Would it be difficult to find team members, and shops that will allow car guys to rent until we could build something??
I know around here, before the economy crashed, a lot of owners would not allow car guys or racecar teams in their buildings??
Too noisey, worried about the fuel, punks bothering all the neighbors etc.

Also is there much to do for a T/S, slow Pro-Mod type team without driving 10 plus hours??
6.80-7.30 type car that needs a safe track & any regular points series to join??

Thanks guys.

secondgenaddict

Veteran Member
Dec 29, 2012
Upstate South Carolina
I have a friend who owns a body shop out in Co Springs, he collect first gens and races them.
He has 3 69 RS/Z's, a 69 RS ZL1 clone, a X22 convertible, and a 43 k miles survivor 69 L65 4 speed Camaro.
For drags he runs a 68 Camaro - 10 sec quarters on motor alone and high 8's sprayed.

Last edited:

mrdragster1970

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member

I know I'm old & not a computer expert, but I'm not finding any websites for locating a shop??

No idea what I'm doing wrong, but I need to find a shop to rent in Colorado Springs area for a racecar team.
I have 80 x 75 now, but won't need that much if I move there.
I'm looking for something in a decent area, probably about 40x60 minimum so the rig and all the cars will be inside.
Someone on the YB said they have an old airport that rents out the hangers now??

Any links or ideas would help a ton, I'm just not finding any info from here on my own??

Thanks guys.

D72CamaroZ28

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Mar 26, 2006
The Mile high City
I live an race here in Colorado but I'm not from the springs area. So I'm not real sure about shops there. I race at Bandimere Speedway because I live closer to them. If your buddy is running 8's up here even on nos he must have his sh** together! Plan on losing 1-1.2 on your 1/4 mile et when you come up here yourself lol. There's a reason even classes like S/ST that run a 10.90 index at sea level run an 11.50 index up here. If you live in the springs then maybe Pueblo Motorsports Park would be another option. It's a little lower altitude and is a lot smaller track if you like that type of atmosphere.

mrdragster1970

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member

Thanks for the info.

Actually made an offer on a house with a nice 3000' shop, but it failed inspection??
Don't ask.
Still working on making that deal work, but found another with a 1500' shop, that I would have to expand a little to fit the rig inside.
So still not sure if I'm heading there or not??

I also was told my car is way too quick for Pueblo??
Haven't checked yet, but I was told they have a ET limit of 9 seconds??
I know I'll lose a bunch of ET, but I still expect to run low 7's with my 6.70-.80 engine, so I'll probably race at Bandimere 90% of the time??
So I've been planning to do something with the Camaro, so maybe I'll throw a 9.20's combo in it,
and have a Pueblo car ready, when there's no event's for the fast car??

Ok, thanks again guys.

Latest posts