Who looks at that anyway?-funny

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by 72'z'steve, Jun 4, 2020.

1. 72'z'steve

72'z'steve Veteran Member

I had my wifes Blazer yesterday to install a new radiator.She had to drive the mini-van to work.She drove her blazer today and I asked her how it was-temp gauge/leaks underneath [shes that smart!] She said fine,but I missed my truck-I hate the minivan.I asked why? She said I always speed in the minivan.I replied the speedometer is 1 mph off thru all the range how can you speed? To which she replied "Who looks at that anyway?" :eek: She's driven her present blazer for about 12 years and you get used to things but I'm chuckling over her comment-I gave her the eye-look and got WHHHAAATT??? Told her to tell the poo-poo that if shes pulled over! Later Steve!!

dave@ztech and BillyDean7173 like this.
  2. Fbird

Fbird Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

speed limits......hahahaha....As I tell my (almost licensed) son......"when your the only one on the road.....drive the SPEED LIMIT"......otherwise "DRIVE WITH EVERYONE ELSE!!!!" to keep from getting run over! If the "pack" is running 60 in a 45......you better be running 59 ..:rolleyes:

BillyDean7173 likes this.
  3. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

Years ago I worked for a guy who drove a big old Buick station wagon. Kind of a sporty guy, asked him why the wagon. He said you could drive that thing 80 miles an hour and no cop would bother you. Probably the same today with the mini van.

4. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

I used to have a P71 Crown Vic. I painted it black to hide the brown and tan Sheriffs livery. You could really fly in that thing and nobody looked twice.

5. Fbird

Fbird Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

my old boss.....100 yrs ago when i wroked at a gas station.... gave me some really good hints..."if you want to haul ass ...get rid of that hot rod and get you a turbo VOLVO".....nobody will look twice!

words to live by!!!

6. gin man

gin man Veteran Member Gold Member

I had a Chevy wagon in college with the old fashioned cutouts. I'd take the caps off when I would drive home to St. Louis from Iowa and I would go through all these little small towns and never once was I bothered, probably because they couldn't figure out where the noise was coming from.

7. 1980RS

1980RS Veteran Member

When we used to build beater race cars and run someone with a glitzy car they always got busted. No one looks at cars with hub caps. LOL

8. Phil G

Phil G Veteran Member

Another "women driver" story: Friend of mine's wife is one of those people educated beyond her intelligence. Some years ago she was driving their conversion back and forth to the Hospital she worked at (Director of something-or-another). So one day she was driving along on the highway and the van kept slowing down and she kept giving it more and more gas until it finally stopped dead in the middle lane. Didn't think to get over I guess. So they had the van towed to the dealership. Tried to start it and it was seized HARD! Pulled the dipstick, nothing. Put it on a lift and took out the oil drain plug, nothing. Seems she had just put self serve gas in it and never had anybody check anything (my friend somewhat at fault here because he "assumed" she would get full serve now and then). She said: "I thought it was OK because all the lights on the dash were on". I guess they ARE called idiot lights for a reason... One crate 350 later...