Who makes good inner door handles?the same

Discussion in 'Interior Restoration' started by mrluckies, May 10, 2019.

1. mrluckies

mrluckies Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

who makes good interior door handles? The ones you pull on to open the door from the inside?

I just bought a set and the pull handle wobbles on the pivot. It seems like there should be a bushing in the pivot hole since the hole on the pull handle is too big.

They are stamped made in Taiwan. The pics seem to be the same that a few different places are selling. I’ve seen reviews from various websites and everyone seems to have the same complaint. Also, some people are saying they stick out too far as well. I dont have the doors assembled yet so I don’t know for sure.

This is for the 75 and later doors.

2. mrluckies

4C0EAF50-5D1C-41FA-A14B-661B778C5D43.jpeg
    If you look at the handle on the above pic in relation to the mounting bracket, it is angled downward.

In the pic below, it is even. This is the same handle. That’s how much play is in the hole!
    82FA7FD9-1E9C-4B9B-AFC1-251337FAB084.jpeg

3. Zspoiler

Zspoiler Veteran Member

Those are made out of "pot" metal and are a bad design .I always thought they should be made out of steel. The main issue is that if you pull from the very end too often they will break off. I have had this issue on both my 1979 Camaro Z-28 and 1981El Camino SS.Of which has the same design. I know some friends who are fabricators .And Just havent got around to it .You would think the aftermarket could come up with a fix.Maybe because of legal issues.

4. mrluckies

Yeah agree. But just to be clear, these are brand new. Still in the bag. I didn’t want to open so I can return if someone knows of a better option to buy. I just need to know where to look for replacements. Thx!

5. 75Maro

75Maro Veteran Member

I bought repop outside door handles and the threaded studs spun when I tried to install! Chinese junk. Just my .02