who 's 74 has drip rail ?

Discussion in '1974 Specific' started by m00n1957, Nov 19, 2020.

1. m00n1957

m00n1957 Veteran Member

i've noticed several with a drip rail, my 74 z/28 doesn't have it. i also notice the chrome trim on the window seal stops at the drip rail on cars that have it instead of it continuing around hood on cars without it.

2. Z28PILOT

Z28PILOT Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

My car has the chrome plastic rails above the windows , bright molding across the back of the hood , the small matching pieces of brite molding at top corner of each fender and at bottom of door window edge. And the thin bright little strips verticle on the door edge guards . My car is pretty basic , but oddly enough was equipped the extra cost upper trim package "Z21 " on my sport coupe model and hide a way wipper system. This trim pkg included door handles that have the body color painted inserts . Other than D88 decals and std. lower rocker moldings my car is devoid of bling .

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
  3. Ricks72Z28

Ricks72Z28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

My car has the plastic gutters.....Iā€™m surprised my car did not come with the Z21 package since it has everything else....AC,Tilt,AM/FM Stereo,PW,SpaceSaver, and Auxiliary Lighting.

Attached Files:

4. mallard

mallard Veteran Member

My '74 has the drip moldings but not the bright work at the back of the hood around the windshield area, the door edge guards nor the body side moldings.

5. Jonesy

Jonesy Veteran Member

Same with mine. Only the plastic drip rail moldings

IMG_1532.jpg

6. mallard

mallard Veteran Member

Sharp non stripe car! Still have the rear panel mouldings unique to ā€˜74 & ā€˜75?

7. Jonesy

Jonesy Veteran Member

Yes, this car still has 80% of its original paint. Moldings have never been off the car

IMG_1523.jpg
    IMG_1637.jpg

Kricka and 74Z28GC3 like this.
  8. mallard

mallard Veteran Member

Lucky you. When I bought my '74 in '84 (46000 miles) those rear mouldings had already fallen off and you could see the non-faded impression areas in the paint. Most of those models had those mouldings fall off so you're most fortunate to have yours in place.

9. Jonesy

Jonesy Veteran Member

Yes, I know. I dont think my car was ever left out in the weather. It was not driven since 1985 and sat in a garage.
    The original owner had it until it had 17,000 miles on it and the 2nd owner (his friend) bought it and drove it until 32,000.
    Then it needed a tune up. He couldnt get it running after the tune-up so it sat. I bought it in 2009. The original wheels/tires were taken off when new.
    He ran cragars on it. Then took them off to sell it and put the originals back on. They were like brand new.
    Anyways I drained the tank and lines, rebuilt the carb and I couldnt get it to fire.
    Ended up the guy put points in it and one of the wires to the points was touching the base of the distributor and grounding out.
    I moved it up and it fired right up. Car drives real nice as its never been taken apart.