why are 74-77 Camaros so hard to find?

Scrappy1980

Veteran Member
Jul 17, 2019
Looking for these years and hardly see any that have become race cars or rusted out so bad I don't want to touch them.

SPG

Bumblebee Builder
Gold Member
Sep 1, 2018
Sacramento
a lot of them were used for cash for clunkers, and their giant bumpers made them great destruction derby cars so a lot were destroyed for fun.
Also doesn't help that 74-77 are arguably the least desirable look for the generation so people don't generally try to save them.

SPG

Bumblebee Builder
Gold Member
Sep 1, 2018
Sacramento
Thats the dream, just have to chip away little by little.
You'll eventually find the car you want, might have to venture off to other states if you really want it. I see a lot of 75-77 around my area for sale at reasonable prices without much rust.

Scrappy1980

Veteran Member
Jul 17, 2019
I have been looking in az and southern cal, I will go up north to see what is available (north ca). I don't want a car from back east.

Scrappy1980

Veteran Member
Jul 17, 2019
yeah I agree but the early 70's and the late 70's seem to have cars for sale. It is the middle years that seem to be hard to find. my first car I ever bought was 1975 Camaro. I hoping it will be a magic Time Machine and take me back to my youth ....lol

badazz81z28

Veteran Member
May 4, 2001
Alabama
Yup, for the longest time they were ugly big bumper cars that nobody wanted. They only became somewhat wanted recently....little too late. I'm sure tons of them crush and turned into dirt cars.

Latest posts