Why is evryone lined up for pump #7???

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by 72'z'steve, Jul 19, 2021.

1. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

For only a buck a gallon, I wouldn't waste my time...The time spent waiting is loss money for me lol.

2. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

Our Tahoe has a 24 gallon tank, saving 20 bucks (legally) would sound pretty good to me. Seems like all the pumps should update together though.

3. 72'z'steve

72'z'steve Veteran Member

Something must have screwed up with the one pump,I assume with electronics [and 20+ pumps]they should update with a touch of a button inside.I'll tell this little story to my fuel service buddy when I see him-I'm sure he'll grin.
    I remember when gas hit below 2 bucks a gallon after it was $4 plus,in town there are 3 stations on opposite corners one was $1.99 others were $2.01,cars were lined up down the street for $1.99 place wait was 1/2 hour or more,[news was there reporting :rolleyes:]other places were crickets,empty.I always fill up at half/1/3 tank at worst so 10 gallons on blazer/17 gallons on yukon-20,and 34 cents for 1/2 hour wait and aggravation :screwup:.People are strange [I think that's a song?] Later Steve!!

4. Happy_Dan

Happy_Dan Veteran Member

I think oblivious is the right word. People look at me strange when there are pumps open but I am waiting behind the two oblivious people that are using the diesel pumps to get gas when I am there to fill my diesel cans for my tractor. I don't even bother saying anything anymore.

Zstar likes this.
  5. 1980RS

1980RS Veteran Member

Where I used to work at, we always gave our buddies a deal on gas when the manager po'ed us off at work.

6. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Mayor of Simpleton Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

I might wait a little bit for $1 a gallon but we're talking a few minutes, not hours for sure.

I get a kick out of people that wait 10-15 minutes to save $.05 a gallon when you could be in and out across the street for an extra $1 a tank.

72'z'steve likes this.
  7. 72'z'steve

72'z'steve Veteran Member

^^^^Plus the flaring of tempers as people jockey around trying to find a "spot", someones always stiffing someone-see it many mornings just stopping for a drink and see the mayhem at the pumps. OH the humanity:D
    I'm cheap/thrifty but buy alot of things at the local hardware store rather than 'nards HD Blowes- Neighbor asked why? I said would you pay a dollar or two to NOT have to deal with the mayhem/issues of those places!! I gladly do.My pop used to say-whats the hardest part of shopping at Walmart?-removal of half your brain when you enter-:crazy: Later Steve!!

8. Canadian Barton

Canadian Barton Veteran Member

I worked a self serve out of high school in the late 80's. People used to drive across the city and wait in line if they heard we were lower priced, even by a few cents. What did it cost to drive across town?! More fun was the car wash, one of the best in town but wasn't a drive through so had to pull in and back out when you were done. People would be lined up waiting their turn and some dude would roll in and scoop up the empty bay just like people do for parking spots. we had to break up fist fights on a weekly basis. It was a good time!

9. xten

xten Veteran Member

Love it when people tell me they drove 80 miles to the outlet mall and saved $4

FS87LT and Z28PILOT like this.
  10. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

my daughter does that silly-ness. She will drive 10 min down the street to save a penny a gallon and avoid the pumps right across the street.