Wife Dumped the Union Out in Her Dept.

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by 1980RS, Aug 21, 2020.

1. f-body freak

f-body freak Veteran Member

International Longshoreman's Association for 21yrs now. Its not the union or anyone else's job to protect your job. It is YOUR job to protect your job. I think unions are beneficial to better health care & better wages. Also for a better workplace, & certain aspects of job security. Its always went both ways tho, A good company that does the right thing for their employees will eliminate the need for a union. To each is their own.

70-camaro likes this.
  2. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

I was a Teamsters member from 1970 - 72. I never met a union official during those 2 years. Just had to pay my dues.

The Teamsters never did a thing for me.

Since then, I've never felt that a union was worth while.

My younger brother used to work in the iron mines in northern MN. The union officials ended up pricing the cost of labor so high that the industry tanked in 1982 (I was still up there at the time). It was cheaper to import ore from South America and bring it to the steel mills out east than it was to mine it in MN and send it on a quick train ride.

My brother said it to me back in 1982 that he'd gladly take a $2.00 per hour cut in pay in order to feed his family (openly saying that he was overpaid for the work he was actually doing). At the time, the union was actually trying to get them another pay raise.

Well, it ended up that ALL the mines on the iron range shut down. Some of the communities ended up with 80% unemployment due to the mining union officials being too greedy.

I ended up leaving the area in 1983. I never worked in the mines, but with such rampant unemployment, it affected my ability to make a living too. I've never regretted my decision to leave and have never considered a union job as a result of what I've seen union do.

The unions did wonderful things back in the day - better wages - better working conditions - improved safety standards. Time has passed them by. Today, for the most part, unions protect the inefficient worker at the expense of the productive worker.

Look at pro sports today - unions "protecting" players making millions of dollars per season. The good players don't need the unions, but the trouble makers do...

Here's an arrest report from the NFL since 2000:

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/arrests/

The most recent case is Darrius Guice just this August - arrested for domestic violence and accused of strangulation, assault and property destruction in Loudoun County, Va (no resolution yet) and going to Rod Smith in January of 2000 for domestic violence and accused of choking, beating and shoving his common-law wife at home near Denver to which he plead guilty to.

Ironic that the lists begins and ends with domestic violence. But charges range from alcohol offenses to animal cruelty to armed robbery to assault to attempted murder (there are murders on the list too) - and that's just the "A's".

Dave Nelson likes this.
  3. Twisted_Metal

Twisted_Metal Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

It must be football season already.

Is Cousins on that list of arrests?

;)

4. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Mayor of Simpleton Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Should be given the fraud he perpetrated on the Vikings management.

Shizzle likes this.
  5. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

As you already know - No he's not.

He's one of the more reasonable salary cap numbers for QB's in the NFL for 2020... But don't let the truth get you all in a tizzy...

Hard to believe Dak leads the list...

Dak Prescott Cowboys $31,409,000
    Russell Wilson Seahawks $31,000,000
    Jared Goff Rams $28,842,682
    Jimmy Garoppolo 49ers $26,600,000
    Philip Rivers Colts $25,000,000
    Tom Brady Buccaneers $25,000,000
    Ben Roethlisberger Steelers $23,750,000
    Drew Brees Saints $23,650,000
    Ryan Tannehill Titans $22,500,000
    Aaron Rodgers Packers $21,642,000
    Derek Carr Raiders $21,500,000
    Jacoby Brissett Colts $21,312,500
    Matt Stafford Lions $21,300,000
    Kirk Cousins Vikings $21,000,000

1980RS likes this.
  6. 1980RS

1980RS Veteran Member

None of those guys on that list are worth the money they get while others scrape just getting by with a measly 3 million. I guess I should have tossed the pig skin around more when I was a kid.

7. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Mayor of Simpleton Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

I never read a story about fraud where the victims realized they were getting had until it was too late. Fraudsters tend to charm the gullible. I'll bet Madoff still has groupies too.

8. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

definition:

wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain

No wrongful or criminal deception occurred. But go ahead and continue on your diatribe...:rolleyes: In spite of the fact that Kirk's cap hit is relatively modest (only in the NFL could $21 Mil be called "modest") compared to the 13 QB's that are above him on that list I posted.