will this GMPP Serpentine accessory drive fit on my GMPP 383 partial engine?

need-for-speed

Veteran Member
Feb 7, 2003
Conroe, TX
I suspect it will fit, but I also want your opinions on it. Good or bad? Looks pretty slick to me. All new components and they are GM parts which is handy if replacement is ever required.

GMPP PN 19418818 accessory drive.JPG

CorkyE

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Nov 4, 2004
Ringgold, GA
Yes it will fit, I have that kit. Keep in mind a serpentine water pump rotates in the opposite (counter clockwise) direction, so you will need a compatible fan. Also don't confuse reverse rotation with reverse flow that was on some of the 90's LT1 engine.

need-for-speed

Veteran Member
Feb 7, 2003
Conroe, TX
Yes it will fit, I have that kit. Keep in mind a serpentine water pump rotates in the opposite (counter clockwise) direction, so you will need a compatible fan. Also don't confuse reverse rotation with reverse flow that was on some of the 90's LT1 engine.
Great. Thx CorkyE! Agree on the reverse rotation pump vs LT1 reverse flow. Some putz on the Summit site is advising that this kit was designed for the LT1. Scoggins states it was designed for the L98 TPI which is more believable. Can you by chance post a few pics of your engine? Would you happen to recall where you bought the reverse rotation fan ?

need-for-speed

Veteran Member
Feb 7, 2003
Conroe, TX
Thank you 5th ! Great looking engine bay. That helps. I was concerned about how high the alt, ac compressor, and tensioner sat. That ain't bad at all.

Latest posts