will this GMPP Serpentine accessory drive fit on my GMPP 383 partial engine?

need-for-speed

Veteran Member
Feb 7, 2003
Conroe, TX
Ok. Thanks Corky. So far the guy on the phone at Summit and at Scoggin got a case of the dumbass when asked about this. I will start emailing several places.

need-for-speed

Veteran Member
Feb 7, 2003
Conroe, TX
One more question: I assume I only need one of these.
Gents- is the inlet side of your (new) p.s. pump just a nipple meant for a slip on hose with hose clamp?

CorkyE

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Nov 4, 2004
Ringgold, GA
I just searched through all my old receipts, could find. Link above looks exactly like the one I used - YMMV. Should add that I have a 79.

Yes, you only need one. The inlet side, aka return line is low pressure and the hose clamps on. I went ahead and replaced hoses while I was doing this.

need-for-speed

Veteran Member
Feb 7, 2003
Conroe, TX
Thanks for digging in those receipts Corky! Much appreciate. I hope you didn’t add them up 😁 Mine is a ‘79 too. I did replace the hi pressure hose about 2 years ago ( equates to 100 miles LOL.) I had the same problem that someone else did. I bought a brand new hose and it leaked at the fitting at the gearbox. and after trying all kinds of other solutions none that worked, I finally broke down and ordered another new hose from a different source (I think it was Rock Island) and that one fit with no leak. and you could feel the difference when you threaded it in. I’ll just probably keep that hose for now since it’s essentially brand new.