Wilwood front disc kit help

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by Bi11, Dec 7, 2020.

1. Bi11

Bi11 New Member

Gents, I upgraded to this kit from Summit https://www.summitracing.com/parts/rsd-rcp79s along with a new, stock replacement MC (1.2 inch bore) with vacuum booster. Bled the lines thoroughly and the pedal is very firm, but I have pretty weak stopping power. The calipers are functioning as they should and I bench bled the MC before installing it. What gives? Do I need a smaller bore MC? Is it because I haven't broken in the new rotors and pads? At this point I don't feel safe driving it on the road to break them in. Thanks for the help. IMG_0973.jpg IMG_0922.jpg

2. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

Is the vacuum booster working?

3. Bi11

Bi11 New Member

Going to test on it today and find out. I assume I can try it with and without the vacuum line hooked up to confirm. Does that sound right?

4. CorkyE

CorkyE Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Don't see why not. Plug the vacuum line at the carburetor/intake, you may have a different idle speed. Also do this at a very low speed, like while still in your driveway.

5. flybye70ss

flybye70ss Veteran Member

My Wilwoods needed to be bedded before they stopped well at all.

6. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

For maximum performance I agree, but should work right out of the box. Questioning their function and your means to stop is a matter of an issue, not pads being embedded.

7. Bi11

Bi11 New Member

I'll test on her this weekend and report back. The weak link in all this is the vacuum booster, it is the only thing that I have not replaced. Getting the windshield installed today, so I can actually drive it without getting frost bite. LOL