Window adjustment 1971 RSSS

71RSSS396

Aug 6, 2013
Aurora, Mo
Having difficulty adjusting the windows. Body shop tried and failed. Driver door hits the blow out clip. Windows when rolled up have a lot of in out play. I ordered new window felt for it but was sent the wrong ones. Maybe new ones will tighten window movement. Any suggestions?

badazz81z28

Veteran Member
May 4, 2001
Alabama
The glass will not be as tight as modern cars. There is slop. However, you can fix the stops...that is easy...surprised a body shop couldn't figure that out.

Francesco

Veteran Member
Having difficulty adjusting the windows. Body shop tried and failed. Driver door hits the blow out clip. Windows when rolled up have a lot of in out play. I ordered new window felt for it but was sent the wrong ones. Maybe new ones will tighten window movement. Any suggestions?
Simply unbolt the lower window track bolt in the front of the door and your up stop. You might also have to slack the front window tilt bolts to get some good slack. Once the track is nice and aligned, retighten the lower window track bolt and then the tilt bolts so they slide up and down nicely for the tilt. Slack the up stop and adjust as needed. The more the track is up, the more room you have to bring the glass down because your up stop can go lower in the track. Try it! Worked for me.

Latest posts