Window Glass Regulator Cam

jteenstra

Staff member
May 21, 2001
Prescott Valley, AZ, USA
Note: I would have posted photos but Photosucket requires fees.
When my Camaro was disassembled at the body shop, the door glass hardware was removed and bagged without labels. I’ve since bought new glass and hardware.
There are two rubber washers (cam-to-glass bolt, nut, washer assemblies) for the window glass regulator cam (the track that is fastened to the glass), one for each window. The others are plastic. Can anyone tell me which location the rubber washer goes – front or rear of the glass? I’m thinking the front under the regulator cam flange.
Also, there are four plastic “wear pads” in the kit (window glass bearings maybe?). My original door glass had one in each in the front position. The glass has holes for two each, front and rear. Do I use all four? Any idea what they are for?

jteenstra

Staff member
May 21, 2001
Prescott Valley, AZ, USA
Thank you for the link grzewnicki, great instructions - from the Fisher Body manual.
My point in question is that one of the washers, item #3, is rubber. Both in my old hardware that was removed and in the new hardware kit that I bought.
Not sure it really matters which end it goes on, I just can't help myself wanting it back to original!

Last edited:

jteenstra

Staff member
May 21, 2001
Prescott Valley, AZ, USA
I learn something every day! Thanks to Dave, here are images of what the topic is all about.

Assembly.jpg DWN-776K-2 1.jpg

jteenstra

Staff member
May 21, 2001
Prescott Valley, AZ, USA
Dave, I've since rolled the dice - called the ball if you will, installed the rubber washer in the front position and installed the other two plastic bearing doo-dahs in the remaining two rear holes. It's cringeworthy tightening bolts/nuts/washers on glass. Onwards....

tom3

Veteran Member
Aug 1, 1999
ohio
What year car? I have my original 70 passenger side door glass in the attic. Can shoot a picture in the morning.

islpunk

Oct 19, 2012
Vancouver Island B.C.
1980 Z28 with power windows
Hello,
I find myself in the same dilemma of not knowing where the two rubber washers go.
Glass Shop that did original install had it all wrong because there was no rubber washers on the drivers door when I took it apart.

Did you ever find an answer ?

Latest posts