windows XP drivers for android pics.

Discussion in 'NastyZ28 Gamers & Computer Gurus' started by Fbird, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Fbird

Fbird Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Anybody steer me to an XP converter/driver so my MOM and DAD can open the pics we send them from our android phones?

Seem I kept getting some driver crap that wants to scan....blah blah...CRAP. NOW I'm back home ..I don't even have an XP system to try stuff on.
    I figured SOME of you or many of you would surely still have n XP system that is communicating with your android phone.
    thanks

2. Javelin3o4

Javelin3o4 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Make sure you are putting the phone into USB Storage mode. Some phones will try to setup like you are trying to use the phone as a modem and it looks for drivers. Alot of android devices when you plug in the phone either prompts you for it or you swipe down from the top and change USB mode.

3. Randy S

Randy S Veteran Member

^^this and it sometimes helps to put it into USB Debugging Mode. You'll have to google the instructions as it's easy (settings, mass storage, and then a checkbox) on some and on others, you have go through some special key sequence to enable it.

4. Fbird

Fbird Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

problem is they can't OPEN pics in outlook email that I send them from our droid phones. When I was there last week I tried to see wtf but the only driver stuff I kept finding wanted to scan chit and that's bs.... so I left it as is .... this is an XP os so it should be plug n play but with all the bs out there I need to KNOW it WORKS... this is for my 73 yr old MOM (shes awesome ...but a little bit behind.)