Wiper Question!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Body Restoration' started by 79Cmaro, Sep 30, 2011.

1. 79Cmaro

79Cmaro Veteran Member

Hey i in a bind here and hopefully someone knows what this is. The gear that connects to the drivers side windshield wiper is chewed up and needs to be replaced. I dont believe that its part of the whole motor but can be worng. Wanted some help before i start taking alot of stuff apart! Thanks guys!!

2. Done Yet?

Done Yet? Veteran Member

If you are talking about the knurled shaft that the wiper arm presses down on, that is part of the wiper transmission.

3. earlysecond

earlysecond Veteran Member

Are you talking about the splined shaft that the wiper arm itself attaches to on the driver's side of the car? Not really a gear but I can see why you may call it that. This would be a part that is attached to the metal cowl of the car with 3 screws. If so you have been given the correct advice, you will need what is called the wiper transmission. It is a series of rods with joints that lives inside the metal cowl panel and attaches to the motor itself.

Depending on the year an model of the car and wheter the wiper arms are black and the driver's side is articulated (has an extra part to the arm that causes the blade to swivel as it sweeps the windeshild) you likely need a depressed park transmission.

a single picture would clear this all up.

4. 79Cmaro

79Cmaro Veteran Member

kk earlysecond, what you are talking about is correct. Il get a picture up today just to 100% make sure. thanks

5. earlysecond

earlysecond Veteran Member

Actually Done Yet figured it out first. I reread it a couple of times to figure it out. You can post in the swapmeet to get what you need.