Woke up with this song in my head

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by scrapmetal, Jul 7, 2021.

1. scrapmetal

scrapmetal Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

2. Fbird

Fbird Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I do this to my wife all the time....lol

Coadster32 and scrapmetal like this.
  3. 72BIGBLOCK

72BIGBLOCK Veteran Member

Randy was good and all don’t get me wrong but I think jake e lee was the perfect fit for ozzy!

chevyJeff1 likes this.
  4. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Psychopathy Red

Agreed! I have the whole Bark at the Moon record on my iPod. I really focused on Jake's guitar playing the other day. Some of the rhythms are pretty technical and his leads are really well done. A good mix of speed and feeling. Very underrated player in my book.

f-body freak likes this.
  5. 72BIGBLOCK

bark at the moon was a bad ass album, a true metal gem. I also liked the ultimate sin from beginning to end especially killer of giants!

too bad that scumbag ozzy and that man wife Sharon of his took advantage of jake. They fired him over the phone and he didn’t get writing credit on a lot of his music so he probably doesn’t receive much in royalties.
    One of the best underrated players in the game, fantastic melody and very technical. Very similar to Warren of ratt, or Doug Aldrich of lion.
    I do know he was big in Japan in the guitar community. Well they all were

f-body freak and BillyDean7173 like this.
  6. biker

biker Veteran Member

Even Ozzy's new stuff is great. My kids are 21 and 23 and they play Ozzy, Sabbath, Maiden and Jorn constantly in our gym/garage.

Da-bigguy likes this.
  7. ChevyReb

ChevyReb Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Saw Randy with Ozzie and he was incredible live! Right up there with EVH in my book. Haven't seen Ozzie man live since but like pretty much most of his stuff no matter who was playing guitar even Zack was pretty good.

8. BillyDean7173

I wish I could have seen Randy with Ozzy. Just started going to local shows at that age.
    Ozzy has always had great guitarists IMO. Even Brad Gillis. He shredded on the live record Speak of the Devil. Then later I find out he's in Night Ranger. I was like WTF? Big step down to me, but I guess he wanted to go back to his own band. Oh well, at least we have the Sister Christian song.:rolleyes:

9. 72BIGBLOCK

I don’t recall what I read but I don’t think Brad Gillis was supposed to be in the band permanently.

I forgot about. Rad he was phenomenal too and I liked him better in ozzy than in night ranger, it’s so interesting how after ozzy man of these guys like jake or Brad and even Zack go into totally different bands or genres after being in ozzy

Zacks bad bls doesn’t sound anything like ozzy, he has more of a southern rock sound

Jake with badlands also doesn’t sound like ozzy it’s more of a blues feel

Brad well night ranger is a different sound

of I’m not mistaken Randy was getting ready to leave ozzy because his real passion was classical music. I find it all odd how he passed away since in the beginning he didn’t really want to join ozzy.

10. BillyDean7173

I can agree with that, especially since he started Night Ranger before the Ozzy gig. He should have stayed with Ozzy.
    On a similar topic, did you know that George Lynch auditioned for Ozzy - twice? That was news to me.
    https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/new..._dropped_i_think_i_cried_on_the_way_home.html