Worchestershire steak sauce recipe.

Phil G

Veteran Member
May 3, 2004
Tucker, GA, USA
I'm hoping one of you have heard of this one. It was my Pop's recipe. Don't know where he got it. Can't find it in any of the cookbooks Mom left or in his bartending books. They have both passed and my Brother can't remember it either. What I DO remember is a partial list of ingredients but not the proportions.

So here it is:

Half bottle Worchestershire sauce.
Olive oil.
Garlic powder.
Salt and pepper (I think).
A Bay leaf.
He also put "Accent" in (MSG), I'll skip that.

At least I had the presence of mind to get Mom's sweet tea recipe on paper before it was too late!

:)

budro6968

Veteran Member
Apr 2, 2016
Jax Florida
Sounds like a good start. A lot of sauces use a tomato base. Ketchup is a easy one to add since it already has season in it. Might add some brown sugar or molasses. A bit of some vinegar with a little water to balance. Salt instead of the MSG. I like a little Hot sauce mixed in. Franks type or the sriracha. Time to experiment.

carhead22000

oldblue
Sep 5, 2011
canada
I'm hoping one of you have heard of this one. It was my Pop's recipe. Don't know where he got it. Can't find it in any of the cookbooks Mom left or in his bartending books. They have both passed and my Brother can't remember it either. What I DO remember is a partial list of ingredients but not the proportions.

So here it is:

Olive oil.
Garlic powder.
A Bay leaf.

At least I had the presence of mind to get Mom's sweet tea recipe on paper before it was too late!

if it was a marinade probably had some soya sauce too. Sounds like my secret steak marinade.

Francesco

Veteran Member
Hmmm...Sounds promising. Im gonna try that and i've heard of it. At meat cutting school they gave us this recipe... I'll share it with you guys...

For 454 grams of meet (one pound). Preferable sirloin steak and rib eye. For two pounds 907 grams, just double the ingredients and so on. Mix the marinade in a bowl and lay the meet in as to dip both sides before resting 48 hours. If you need more oil, you can add an extra tbs. The recipe is a guideline and can be modified to your taste. Amazing on the grill or in the pan. Warning...The neighbours are gonna be curious.

4 tbs of vegetable oil or more
1 tbs of fine herbs
1 tsp of garlic powder
1 tsp of dijon mustard
2 tbs of red wine or more
salt
pepper

Enjoy

carhead22000

oldblue
Sep 5, 2011
canada
balsamic vinegar too.

So here it is:

Olive oil.
Garlic powder.
A Bay leaf.

i feel for ya.my dad threw everything my mom had far as cookbooks and all recipes out when she passed.most were hand written. I miss her stuff.i,ve got most now that i wanted.i love cooking and do all of it here at our house.i,m sure thats how my wife puts up with me,lol.there are so many steak sauces i make.her stuff was hard to understand.most in her head,but anything on paper was,pinch,dab of,handfull of,etc.sadly when she passed dad was well on his way with dementia.