Would be neat to see this happen.

SupplySgt

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jun 20, 2009
Central OK
How much you want to bet that, even if it works, it never gets "approved." Cures don't make enough money.

Knuckle Dragger

Mayor of Simpleton
Staff member
Lifetime Gold Member
Nov 2, 2002
Waddell AZ
My best friend is a scientist for a large pharmaceutical company in Thousand Oaks. He sent me a news article on one of his companies advances to use a genetically altered viruses to attack melanoma cells. He says if there are no real set backs it's a huge leap to fighting cancer. He was very optimistic. Being a two time cancer survivor he has a lot of skin in the game.

dcs13

Veteran Member
Feb 22, 2003
McKinney,Texas USA
Knuckle Dragger said:
My best friend is a scientist for a large pharmaceutical company in Thousand Oaks. He sent me a news article on one of his companies advances to use a genetically altered viruses to attack melanoma cells. He says if there are no real set backs it's a huge leap to fighting cancer. He was very optimistic. Being a two time cancer survivor he has a lot of skin in the game.
I heard a news story on that, it all sounds good. Maybe they are finally getting some good results on all the hard work that has been done.
Cancer sucks, we all know someone that has suffered its wrath. Lost my pop to it...

Aceshigh

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Apr 9, 2001
Boondocks
I perceive this very cynically, and I am of the opinion this is publicity to find investors.
I believe this lab and all of it's findings will be bought out (if not owned already) by a pharmaceutical company that wants to control it.

Most college campus labs and things of that nature where John Q Public thinks it's free to explore and discover, it's really not.
It's owned and controlled by a vested interest.

Knuckle Dragger said:

You should keep us posted on this Dave and keep in touch with him.

Being a very large Pharma, I have a very cynical attitude about how these "Cures" get delivered to the public.
I don't think there's money in cures, hence why the last cure was .....jeez.....50 years ago amidst the highest technological era ??

One of my Ex's works for Baxter here locally......huge huge company.

Last edited:

red78z

Veteran Member
Sep 12, 2009
pottsville,pa.
Aceshigh said:
Being a very large Pharma, I have a very cynical attitude about how these "Cures" get delivered to the public.
I don't think there's money in cures, hence why the last cure was .....jeez.....50 years ago amidst the highest technological era ??

i agree w/ this 100%, our technology hasnt made any advances since then?

Latest posts