Would like opinions on value.

Discussion in '1970 - 1973 Specific' started by Cary, Jan 30, 2015.

1. dadgonebroke

dadgonebroke Veteran Member

Just my opinion- change the front bumper back and get the wheels back to an original looking color-that car would get my attention.

2. Devildog

Devildog Veteran Member

Why not go to your wife's aunt with the same story you just gave us? Be honest and tell her that you honestly like the car and want to keep it but you don't want to cheat her.

Maybe the two of you can come to a fair and respectable agreement that will leave both parties satisfied with no hard feelings afterwards. Perhaps it will put her mind at peace to have her deceased husband's car still in the family and in good hands.

It never hurts to ask.

3. 351maverick

351maverick full time Ebay seller/hustler/car killer

GREAT looking car bro!

tell your aunt the car is only worth $5,000 and she owes YOU money LOL

all kidding aside I'd say 12.5 is reasonable

4. krabben1

krabben1 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Id say youre on mark with your number.Give her 5 grand to sleep at night.
    But if that motor starts tickin,tell her youll be on her door!!!

5. Due North

Due North Member

What was the vehicle you traded? The only way to clear your guilt is to be open and honest. How much was the person who traded you the camaro asking originally for it? If your Aunt sold you a car at a reduced price given the family discount, your integrity is more important than a few dollars, or a few thousand dollars for that matter. I know my integrity is priceless as the industry I work in, you compromise, you're done. Good luck to you. That car looks great though! It should get $12,500 all day long.

6. 75Camaro4x4

75Camaro4x4 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I haven't seen a rash of new members asking similar questions, or are you referring to just me haha? : P

7. 450bench

450bench Veteran Member

I'd give her the $5,000 and you're done.

8. Cary

Cary New Member

I agree it's for me more than anything. I purchased a 1941 Ford from her that my uncle Mike had paid $11,500 for. But after his passing it was damaged by a "family friend" that was supposed to sell it for her. She sold it to me for the difference after the insurance settled. The Camaro wasn't listed for sale so I have no idea what the seller thought it was worth. He offered it to me.

Thank you all so much for your input. Since I was supposed to split any profit I think $2500.00 to her is fair if I keep the Camaro.

9. modracer

modracer Member

Naw,there are 5 or 6 on the first 2 pages alone. Some with pics, some without but like anything else without seeing it in person it is hard to put a real value as there may be a lot of hidden stuff but as somebody else mentioned they are only worth what someone will pay if you are looking to resell. I have way more in my 70 [imo] then it is worth but then I didn't buy it to resell.

10. kimosabi

kimosabi Veteran Member

Nice car, $12.5 seems reasonable for a car with half assed split bumper front. Rest of the car does not seem half assed though and IMO it looks very nice inside out.

Put the original bumper on and you'll bump the value as well.

Sorry if I come across a bit hard but from a design perspective I hate those "split bumper" fronts with a passion. Both full bumpers and RS look good IMO. Not this. :)

Last edited: Jan 31, 2015