WTB 70-73 Camaro :(

Discussion in 'Camaros Wanted' started by DirtyRob06, Jun 7, 2021.

1. DirtyRob06

DirtyRob06 Member

With a sad heart I have to say I'm looking for a Camaro to replace mine. I had a 72 Camaro silver with black stripes. I was storing it in my uncles barn and the barn caught fire. The car melted to the ground along with several other cars. Unfortunately I didn't have insurance on the car because it wasn't drivable and was going to be some time before I could get my shop built. The wife has given me the go ahead to get another one.. I don't think I will find one in the awesome condition that one was in for 5K but if there is one out there please let me know!!! I am also considering just buying one that is redone already so around 35K or less if I can get away with it. I got a truck and trailer and can drive to get the car wherever it may be.

2. Scrappy1980

Scrappy1980 Veteran Member

Where in Texas are you?

3. DirtyRob06

DirtyRob06 Member

In Austin

4. DirtyRob06

DirtyRob06 Member

A couple pics of it

Attached Files:

5. Scrappy1980

I am thinking about selling mine if I can find what I am looking for. It is a 72 "Longhorn Editon" orange and white top. Orginal 350 and transmission. I am in the Denton area. I will keep you posted if I decide to let it go.

Attached Files:

6. DirtyRob06

DirtyRob06 Member

Oh wow that thing is beautiful!! any idea what you might sell it for?

7. Scrappy1980

It will be in the high 20's if I do sell it. Hard to get a price on them because can't find them anymore...... I just having trouble finding what I am looking for or if I find it seems to way overpriced (75-1977 Camaro all redone). It was my first car was a 75 and I have a need to look for one but my wife won't let me keep two cars. But I love the back end on the 70-73 Camaro.

I would give u all information known about the car. Right now it is in the shop having a new seal put on the main seal because it started leaking transmission fluid. The engine does not leak and after this expense, the transmission won't be leaking. The paint looks good but is driver quality, I notice a drip on the right side. The top is new and no rust underneath. The car has no rust that I know of or can be see. I removed the gas tank and put in a new float and it was clean. Had the engine taken out and gone over and the guy who did it for me told me (he has restored many camaros) this would be in the top two for not having rust.

The bad news the ac does not work, I had it converted to but it does not blow cold air. The lower door panels are newer and only came in black. I painted them but they are cracking and the black is showing through. I am going to take it to an upholstery shop and see if they can do something better. Still has some small details that could be improved. On yeah it has 14" wheels-that is way it came.

Good news all original engine and trans runs great no smoke from the engine. The headliner is new but era correct and the original color

8. H&S-Builds

H&S-Builds New Member

. 20210417_202733.jpg 20210519_203509.jpg 20210603_163755.jpg 20210603_163733.jpg 20210603_163817.jpg 20210603_164138.jpg 20210603_164014.jpg 20210603_163944.jpg 20210603_163957.jpg 20210710_181445.jpg 20210710_181455.jpg 20210712_083347.jpg
    For sale if the price is right.
    '72 Camaro Standard Coupe with 396/402BB. Interior 100%. Brand new wheels and tires - American Racing Rodder VN507's - 20"s in the rear and 18"s in the front wrapped in Nitto's. Wilwood 4 wheel disc brakes with slotted and drilled rotors up front. Car is basically 95% new. New wiring, new brake lines, new heater core, master cylinder, horn, glass, mirrors, all new weatherstripping and bushings with new suspension components. Sounds mean too with a custom X pipe exhaust. New Tanks Inc fuel tank with electric fuel pump. Battery relocated to trunk. Autometer gauges. Sound deadening on entire floor pan and back seat divider. Less than 20 miles since the restoration. Paint was done by previous owner and could use some minor touch up in places - it's PCL Pearl Blue from 2015 Ram paint code. Has Z28 badging in front grille and rear spoiler. All LED lighting. Asking $40k orbo.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
  9. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

How long ago was the restoration? Its a nice clean car, but why does it need paint work? I would suggest relocating that battery cable before you sell it. I suggest to hard mount it in through the trunk/wheel well and under the sill plate to the foot board. Keep it away from road hazards.

10. H&S-Builds

H&S-Builds New Member

We got it in December 2020 and finished around mid August this year. The car was already painted when we got it but whoever painted it didn't really aim for perfection. The edges between the doors/fenders need to be re-sprayed and there's just general nicks and dings here and there. The guy we got it from in South Carolina was just building a driver but he had all new interior to go with it and did the engine work. We ended up taking the fenders and hood off, took the entire interior out and cleaned everything then put down a light primer coat to put sound deadener in. The previous owner had the batt. line already ran as well as the fuel line but I've been thinking about changing the routing because I don't like the way it looks. We wanted to get it re-sprayed but maxed out the budget for this build. It's mine and my father's first major build like this and would just like to pass it on to start the next one. I know I missed some parts we put in/on it because I keep thinking of things later on like a new transmission pan, new HEI cap, and things of that nature.